Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,405 Posts
I've been using Flams for the last 4yr and haven't got anything bad to say about them at all....granted, they ain't the most realistic out there, but by the time the birds realize the mistake, it's to late anyway. I've had no problems with paint or cracking and I'm pretty hard on them. For the price, you can't go wrong :cool:

· Registered
2,760 Posts
If they are the new style, with the darker paint on the hens, they are good but the older style was prone to paint falling off.

Keep the sport alive, take akid hunting / fishing.

· Registered
138 Posts
I just think a Flambeau decoy is made so cheap that most common hunters can afford them. The only ones that i like are the Magnum mallards and the Canada Gesse presuaders I belive there called "The Judge"

G&H DECOYS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
598 Posts
I have 2 dz. flambeau magnum mallards that I've been using for 7 years. They have held up alot better than what you guys are saying. Hardly any paint loss, and they have been very abused. They don't look very real, but I've taken my limit many times over these dekes. Not the most realistic decoy, but they will get the job done.

· Registered
3,949 Posts
i have to agree with the paint issues..Flams aren't the greatest decoy around. but when you factor in the value of being able to add a dozen dekes to the spread for under 10 bucks. WHO CARES??? i've used Flams..you can get the better part of a season out of them before they start looking real bad.

i wish they had that deal here...i'd buy a dozen.

· Registered
697 Posts
Next time you go to academy, buy some of the Blue Winged Teal decoys, they are $15 per dozen, they have held up awesome. They are nice for a a decoy to take up some space in a spread. Not one of my has a scratch on them. Try them for the early season.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.