Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the link. http://www.decoys.com/press_releases/59 ... llard.html

Now I use G&H S Mags as I hunt bigger public water thus I feel the bigger size helps the ducks locate my spread better--but this is getting ridiculos, 26" long Mallard decoys?-my God I think that is bigger than the Big Foots Mag floater Canada decoys are!

Here is the kicker "every hunter in the area will take notice. " :eek: Oh yeah--nothing like appealing to the "mine is bigger than yours" attitude some guys have the propensity for. :thumbsdown:

Your thoughts? :cool:

·
Registered
721 Posts
I am really interested in these decoys. I have always been a big fan of big decoys, so these really have caught my eye. I will be curious to see how much they will sell for and my biggest concern is with the paint adhesion. I have never been a big fan of Flambeau decoys, but I am seriously considering these.

They are also coming out with black ducks. I will be curious to see how those will look, but I am most interested in the mallards. Seeing it is that they will weigh 3lbs. each, I would not imagine that they will be selling them by the dozen. Shipping alone would cost a fortune.

I have emailed Flambeau with questions about these decoys, but they have yet to reply to my inquiry.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
take EM' close said:
WOW.....those are big. I mostly hunt places where I have to walk and can't really boat to so those would suck having to pack them around! :eek:
pack them?? heck, mount a small bike frame under one and ride it in to your favorite spot. lol.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
duckzilla. heh, nice one 98. I don't even own magnums, so this would be a very large step up. In fact I have no experience hunting over magnums so I don't really know where to begin. This seems insanely excessive to me. If I were a duck flying over, I'd guess that the big guy is probably gonna eat me if there isn't enough food for him and that it's probably better off if I am two steps ahead of gargantu-duck.

Talk about "big spreads". This one will give a whole new meaning to the words.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Flambeau returned my email today pretty much just thanking them for the interest and that all of the major retailers ie. Cabelas will be carrying them when they are released in late May.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
If G&H made them I would put a little motor on the back of one and ride it to the blind. Only G&H would make a decoy I would trust to use as a BOAT. If G&H made these I would just hollow one out and use it as a canoe.....

If GHG made these the paint would probably fall off just from dragging them to the blind, and the keels would need to be installed using a machine press and a piece of rebar......

:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ram and others, there is an old saying that goes something like: Nothing will keep a man in everlasting ignorance, as the principle of contempt prior to investigation.

Kind of funny, as the first time I saw a spinner I laughed my ass off, but after seeing a guy next to me out draw my 100+ Smag spread with 2 spinners and 3 dz reg decoys-I quit laughing about 5 years ago, as the damned thing worked. Humble pie indeed...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.