Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and Gals,
I have an older Flambeau Skyscraper with the Plastic Arbors. I broke a wing off last year and called Flambeau (800-457-5252) to see if they had any repair kits. They do, and if you have the older deke like me with the all plastic wing/mount, they will send you a repair kit with metal mounts and new wings FREE. Took them a little over a week to send me the kit. I know some of my fellow duck slayers are not enamored by Flambeau or their products, but they've stepped up and made this right.
Hope this helps someone out there -- sure beats replacing the deke.

Fold them and splash 'em hard,
JN (Displaced NoDak Duck Hunter in CO)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick follow-up to let everyone know that the kit and new wings worked flawlessly. The wings spun at a steady, quick speed, for at least 5 hours. No slowdown.

"Of course you are more important than duck hunting, Honey."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi just called that number and they said Flambeau does not carry the skyscraper decoy any longer. I asked for wings and they said they do not have any more available and they will not be making any more. They said the mojo wings may fit. You were lucky to get free wings while they still had them!!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
jingo36 said:
They said the mojo wings may fit. You were lucky to get free wings while they still had them!!!!
Mojo wings do NOT fit on the skyscraper, had one and the wings were lost, broke or something. I called and found out that they had quit making them. Ordered the mojo wings for it and the mojo wing rod is just slightly larger than the skyscraper. What you can do is drill out the fitting for the skyscraper BUT you better make sure your drill hole is perfectly round or you get serious wobble from the wings. My advice is if you have to have a duck attractant, go ahead and buy yourself the mojo and put the skyscraper to bed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found a great website!! www.decoywings.com They have wings in lifesize and can be purchased for 24.99. For the skyscraper, you will need to purchase an adapter for 8.99. BUT....these wings are better than Flambeau's because there are no screws or magnets!! I ordered some...can't wait till they arrive!! :party:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.