Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
take 2 50 gallon drums, (plastic lock-downs) fill them with styro-foam. Next, get a pallate (behind warehouses, behind wal-mart etc) or get 2 "fashon" them together using 2x4"s (these will be your floor) now lash or bolt the 50 gallon drums up under the crates/pallates. Make your own 2x4 railing to hang your cover on. Voila!!! email me if you want pictures: [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are easy to make. Buy some conduit with 90s and tees at the hardware store. Get 4 long eye bolts or fabricate some other fasteners. Cut some sage or buy some fast grass. Get some tie ties and cheap camo material for a liner. Put all this together. It will fold up and down just like a store bought float blind eg. avery or mudbuddy for a fraction of the cost. You can do this for about $80 and save over $500. I have made several now. There are other ways to fasten the sides if you dont want to drill holes. Just use your imagination. I can do it now in a hour or two. Hacksaw the conduit in the lengths that you need. That is the hardest of the work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.