Duck Hunting Forum banner

Flooded Timber??

6K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Gomerking 
#1 ·
Does anybody know of any flooded timber in California that is public to hunt on? If so let me know because that is something that I really wanna try. Thanks.

#4 ·
HUMBOLDT HUNTER said:
Ive heard of a place down there in that area it is probably the same place is it any good? Or do you know of any placew in Northern Cal? Im not to worried about having to pay money to hunt.
When the birds are down...it is absolutely amazing (read the second part of my sig). It was slow wednesday much like the rest of the area (down south). However, every weekend so far, it has been better than I have done here in Sacramento. Tomorrow I hope to do better with these North Winds we are supposed to have =)

Jeff Given

#8 ·
I have encountered some areas in the Delta System, that with high enough waters "may" qualify as flooded timber. Now I certainly am not a biologist, but I'd venture to call it "inundated riparian" habitat.

I do know for certain however, that in the aforementioned flooded trees last season we kicked a bunch of woodies out of it.

Who knows - If the water is high enough, lord knows Ill take a stab at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.