Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That might be the case. I was born and raised in Miami, Florida, but may be headed up to Kingston. My fiance is looking at grad schools in Texas, Florida and also at Queens. Call me a sissy, but I am reeeeally not looking forward to the cold. I don't like winters in the Carolinas, yet Canada. Other than that, I love Canada. Visited there last year and like the people, the places, the atmosphere. Despite my issues with the cold, I can't get duck hunting out of my system, so I guess I'll have to adapt. I've heard alot about the open water layout hunting, and am very excited about that. I plan on building a layout boat and a huge pile of dekes before I move up there. What other types of duck hunting are there around Kingston? I'll have to decide between bringing a 18ft center console fiberglass boat, a 16ft mudboat, or both. Will the (flat nosed) jonboat serve any use, or are most of the waters navigable/huntable with the deeper boat, truck, or layout? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Bring them all, I'm positive you'll find a use for that mud boat, but if your plan is to focus on big lake layout hunting it isn't necessary. But i warn you if you don't like carolinas winter, you'll HATE late season duck hunting.

·
Registered
468 Posts
the mud rig will come in handy if you like pudllers there are lots of marshes on the great lakes in the bays aswell as marshes and small lakes everywhere up here my vote would be for the mudboat thats what i run anyways but im not into the diver hunting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.