Date: February 16, 2008
3829 Tenoroc Mine Rd.
Lakeland, FL 33850
Phone: (863) 666-2500
Cost/person: $35.00 - includes lunch, does not include ammo
Shoot Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Lunch: 12:00 pm (awards to follow)

(see attachment for directions and map)

We will be shooting 100 targets, 10 birds at each of the 10 stations as report pairs. You must have eye and ear protection in order to shoot this course, no exceptions. We will shotgun start at 9:00 am and you may shoot with whomever you wish. For those who have never shot clays before, make sure you have a few more than the 100 shells you will need to shoot all the targets. This is in case of any broken birds or miss-fires that occur on the range.

Following the shoot, we will have lunch and a very small awards presentation for high shooter and conservation shooter (lowest score). The high shooter will receive one hand turned double reed duck call from yours truly. The low shooter will get something, not sure just what that is yet, and all our sympathy. If you want to do a turkey shoot as well, please indicate that on the detachment below. If 5 or more wish to participate in that event, I will also present the best shooter with a custom made turkey call of your choice in either slate, glass or aluminum.

If you want to drink beer after the shoot, you may bring your own, but it must be poured into a cup which I will provide. Lunch will consist of some venison steaks, sausage and burgers, as well as baked beans, slaw and tater salad. Water and soft drinks will be provided both on the range and with lunch. If anyone wants to make a dish and bring it, go for it. Just let me know so I don't make too much food. As of this letter, we have a total of 9 shooters.

For the record, I could use a little help with 2 or 3 small coolers for drinks. You are welcome to bring golf carts or you may rent one at the range. The cost is $15 per cart but there are only 4 carts and they go fast. Ammo is also available and runs about $6 per box.

Please detach the bottom of the map page and return it with your check. Also, please indicate how many shooters will be in your party. I look forward to meeting each of you and embarrassing myself on the range for your amusement. Have a great remainder of the season and be safe.

Sincerely,

Chuck Echenique

Rebel Yelp Calls, "Put a little south in their mouth!"

Directions From Bartow, Winter Haven and Points East
Take either Hwy 92 or 98 to Combee Rd (SR 659). Head North on Combee to Tenoroc Mine Road (5.1 miles north of Hwy 92). Turn Right onto Tenoroc Mine Road and drive 1.25 miles to the range on the right

Traveling From Tampa or Orlando on I-4 Directions
Take I-4 to Exit Number 38 (SR 33). Turn South onto SR 33 and drive 1.6 miles to SR 659 (the first road on the left). Turn Left onto SR 659 and drive 1.3 miles to Tenoroc Mine Road (the first road on the left). Turn Left onto Tenoroc Mine Road and drive 1.25 miles to the range on the right.

Shooters Name(s):____________________________________________________________________

Total # of Shooters:_____________x $35.00 = ___________________ TOTAL

I DO want to shoot in the turkey shoot________ I DO NOT want to shoot the turkey shoot_______

List any food dishes you are bringing (not require)__________________________________________

Make Checks payable to Chuck Echenique
Return to 12833 Hawk Hill Dr., Thonotosassa, FL 33592

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.