Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone think reloading supplies will stay the same, go down, or go up. Lead, steel, bismuth, tungsten shot. The price of scrap metal is pretty good right now I here and last year the price of lead shot went up a little bit and the guy told me the chinese were buying up the market. Just curious of anyone else is thinking about getting there shot early this year and stock piling some or do you think hunting season will drive the prices down?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I don't reload so I can't answer exactly, though lately I have found some great deal on lead shotshells, and so far have begun stocking up on it for clays and grouse season. We can get Peters shotshells for around $3.50 So i pick up 1 0r 2 every paycheck for the last few months. As far as the price of metal going up, I can't say I know about it...I don know however, that with gas prices on the rise you could probably expect to pay more for everything including reloading supplies, shotshells...oh yeah and gas.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I would stock up. China is buying up all kinds of raw material and paying what ever for it. I work in the construction industry and steel, concrete, and even raw materials for foaming insulation is going up. Some items will be hard to get this next year until increased production for some things catches up. There is currently no end in sight to China's demand for raw materials. Simple supply and demand dictates that prices will go up. I am sure that steel and lead will. How this will affect tungsten and bismuth I don't know for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.