Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
how well do they really work r they worth buying ive looked them up my computer but not sure if there worth my time i love to hunt ducks but still have alot to learn give any info u have please

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I have heard that the flying (fixed wing) decoys work quite well and am buying two of them next week. I'm starting to get a bit leery on putting out money for the battery operated spinning wing decoys with so many places deeming them illegal.

Keep taking those shooting lessons, I think they're working cause your starting to get some tail feathers.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Damnit Deke - i corrected your typo in the thread title. normally i wouldn't be so anal as to correct spelling..lord knows my typing skills are amature at best. but i figured since it was a thread topic title you might get more input with the "corrected" version...though the topic of flogging duck decoys could be an interesting one. lol.

oh, i do not use the fixed wing flying decoy. i have hunted over many of the spinning wing variety, but none of the sationary type.

-Ed

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
We used " balloons" for slayin snows...We had 3 strung togather on about a 10"pole, in the middle of 800 decoys. The geese sure didnt mind em...The wind was blowin about 20 mph... Never tried em on ducks. The ones Ive seen , ya may want to cut down the glare...Y'all have a nice day! :cool:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Just bought 2 new Carry lite flying duck decoys and 2 duck butt decoys for 66.17$ total Canadian where as had I bought them from Cabelas they would have been $57.99 for 2 flying ducks + $12.99 for 2 duck butts pluss exchange, shipping & handling+ taxes+ coustoms/duty.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Just to let you guys know the fixed wing flying dek's do work I set them up in my back yard yesterday to see what they looked like in the wind and had two black ducks circling and attempting to land.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I purchased two mallard drake decoys, flying pose off ebay. Paid around $20 for both, new. Remington brand. Cabellas sells them for $60.?? The only thing I had a problem with was the silver metal springs used for attaching the poles. Painted mine a tan color to kinda blend with the belly. They look pretty good. I also bought one from Cabella's, the one that looks like he's landing, has cupped wings and spread webbed feet- gear down look. Can't wait to try them out.
:salude:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.