Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, check this out. What's your opinion of these...maybe not for water hunting, but what about field's for ducks and geese?

:salude:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
here is your pic.. :salude:

Our company has invented and sells the world's first fllying decoy! The Airduck (TM) decoy is a double strength mylar balloon shaped like a bird in flight. It is 26 inches wing span and 26 inches nose to tail. The Airduck is available in 3 paint styles; a mallard drake, Canada goose and snow goose. All Airducks are the same size. You can fly one on a fishing pole and reel it in to simulate a bird coming in or you can string 2-3 together and just let them fly.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.............I haven't got the whole pic thing figured out yet.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't even bother with them over water for ducks, but geese or the ducks over fields, maybe. It's the same concept as the "wings" kites or "string wings" for field hunts. They are selling these in packs of six pretty cheap. I'll prob. get some to just try them out. Who knows!

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
yeah, they certainly have an appeal to them. and, as you said, they aren't all that expensive. i can see 8-12 of them staked out around a field to give the impression of geese floating in.

don't shoot one on accident though...lol.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With the way my friends shoot............nah!
:laughing:
We use two way radios during duck, dove, etc.... season and if you could tape those conversation's...........you would make a fortune!
BOOM........BOOM.BOOM........"hey how many did ya get"........"NONE!".........laughing...........BOOM.BOOM..........BOOM........
"how many".........."kiss my ***"...........more laughing.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
first off......you'll need to have helium......and will the 'balloon' maintain the helium necessary to 'fly' in temps we hunt in?

second.....how many reuses? Seems to me you would get one use because you will have to seal the helium in

third.....they are mylar balloons, so what about durability in the corn stalks?

My advice to you all is to stay off this gimick!!!!!!!! Unles they are so cheap (like .99 apiece, and you can get and keep helium that will work in sub-freezing temps) that it is worth your effort.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
DUKHTR that is kinda what I was thinking. Look at birthday balloons people get. They go flat by the end of the day, and that is in normal temps not when it is 40 or below. I like the idea of the flying decoys, but it seems like there are some better alternatives than these ballons.

HuntMQ1 that sounds like me and my buddies coyote hunting. I had a coyote tearing across a field at a about 100 yards. Four shots with my 270 and I hear my dad and everyone else I was with calling me on the radio. Watcha get male or female, how big. And I had a to give a none down report. :toofunny:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These things are about $2. a piece and they say they are made of a double layer of the stuff. I wouldn't use them in sub-zero temps, but in 50-60 degree's in the spring snow goose season they may do some good. They would be just like everything else that comes out and you try, either they work or nope that sux!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
They look like they would make good decorations for a Delta or DU fund raiser. :laughing:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.