Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
43,173 Posts
I used two part foam to anchor a new mail post. Worked great for that. Did it with a mojo floater base too and that didn't work so well.

Reactions: Chinhook11

·
Registered
52 Posts
I used two part foam to anchor a new mail post. Worked great for that. Did it with a mojo floater base too and that didn't work so well.
I am putting up one section privacy fence next to our hot tub and was thinking about using this for my posts. Think it will be fine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
43,173 Posts
I am putting up one section privacy fence next to our hot tub and was thinking about using this for my posts. Think it will be fine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely!!! Worked excellent, wear gloves, the mixture gets hot right before you pour!!!! Any excess rising above the post hole you can just chip away. Post solid as a rock.

Reactions: smoke33

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
there is a big difference... and it is VERY difficult to get all the correct answers to all the possible questions. I have removed factory foam from my boat that weighed 16lbs per cubic foot. It was totally saturated with water. I replced with 2" pink foam from home deot..it does NOT absorb water....BUT as i found it....it dissolves in gasoline. my custom 8 ft fuel tank wore on a missing rubber contact area and started to leak badly.. 2 years ago I dissabled it...but when I took on water...much of the water would get into the tank and it was hard to get out! the fuel line was blocked off after I drained what i could. now that HOLE was allowing any water that came into the boat to be "stored"...soo i took steps to resolve that pulled the flor so i could drill out the back of the fuel tank( it was too big to remove without totally dissasembling the boat). when i did that I saw a bunch of MELTED foam that the gas had destroyed! some guys has said that NEW "plastic" looking sheets( where the melted foam hardened) was now NAPALM!...... i had more flammable foam than previously!!.. I removed all the damaged foam...but the stuff thats left is still pretty flammable.. I think the goal for duck hunters is to find that foam that isnt flammable and doesnt absorb water. most of the NON ABSORBING 2 part foam is ONLY non absorbing...if it is sealing in a plastic membrane....IE.. you keep water off it!....tough task!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts