Duck Hunting Forum banner

Foiles SMH or Zink MM?

1019 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  jrockncash
I've got it down to the Foiles Strait Meat Honker, and the Zink Money maker. I want all pro and cons of both calls before i spend $150 on a call. All opinoins are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
David
1 - 3 of 12 Posts
very different calls. What do you want it to do? How do you want it to sound? How easy and fast of a call do you want?
The SMH is a great all around call. The MM is very easy to blow, faster, and louder than the SMH. They have different tones. The SMH is a little deeper and the MM is a little higher. The SMH has a lot of tune range. The MM seams to me to be kind of a narrow tune range. Both good calls, but not the same at all to me.
Just an idea, but have you tried the Showtime? I have one and I like it just a little better than the MM. Has a wider tune range, but if tuned about the same as the MM it is just as fast, but maybe a little better bottom end. I don't think it is quite as loud, but plenty loud for hunting and the stage. I like the smaller insert better than the MM.
1 - 3 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.