Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Foiles Straight Street call made from corian at the Sports Show in Harrisburg, PA back in Feb. I really like it. It's very loud and comes down nice to the soft stuff. I was just at Cabelas over the weekend and I blew an R&T MVP call. That call is a screamer too.

Anybody have any opinions on either of these two calls?

I love my Foiles Straight Street but almost walked out of Cabelas with that R&T MVP.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
you can't go wrong with any RNT in my opinion. i haven't personally blown any Foiles but have goose hunted with a fella that liked foiles. he could make them sound real good too...

i am sure both are great calls.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Both calls sound great IMHO. RNT will go the extra mile to make sure you are happy with your call pretty much for life. Foiles charges $15 if you send your call in for service. With a RNT call, you send it to them and they will fix it for the price of shipping, and usually send you back a pile of corks and reeds for free. Foiles doesn't seem to have the customer service that RNT has. You can call RNT at any time and ask for Jimbo or Rusty and they will help you with anything at all they can. They make you feel like a brother. I am not associated at all with RNT, but if you have a question about the call, call them, let them sell it to you.

What I did when I was getting ready to buy an acrylic duck call was I called each maker and spoke to them, as you can tell RNT treated me the best.

Mike

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
:withstupid:

i've never delt with Foiles, so i can't speak about their level of customer service, but RNT treats you like you are their only customer. it's incredible the level of service you get from a company that has day to day dealings with so many people.

on that point alone...it's RNT all the way for me.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I really need to find out what the differece is between all these different calls.

I dont know jack 'bout calls, but I dont see how one call that costs 50-100 bucks can be soo much better than a cheepy 8-20 dollar call.

Any one wanna help edumacate me? :help:

-Stouff

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
well, i'm really not an "authority" on this particular subject..being that i am one of them ol' timers that figures if you can kill ducks with a 10 dollar call..what the heck do ya need a 100 dollar call for.

however, some of the differences you will notice right out of the gate between a "cheap" call and an expensive one is the quality of workmanship. also, more expensive calls tend to be made from more expensive materials. ( i hesitate to use the term "better" as it is a relative term.) also, customer service is usually better with a premium callmaker.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
But does the material, and customer service really matter that much?

I mean, how often do you need technical assistance for your call? Lessons are a totally different story :laughing:

-Stouff

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Right now, I am using a cheepy Wal-Mart brand $8 call. Its not too bad, i dont think. (Its probably more the caller than the call).

I called in a set of shy mallards last fall using it, so it must work ok.

-Stouff

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Alaska guy. I could write a small novel on your question I will do my best to answer in your other thread when I get some time.

As for the difference between the two calls mentioned. Until a week or so ago I owned both calls. I think they are very comparable in volume and performance. When it comes to comp calls and that is what you are talking about. pick a call that runs best for you. You can pick up a few differant MVPs and they will all run a little different, same with the streets.
I don't think anyone here can answer that question for you but you. They are both good calls they have both won titles..... RNT has won world titles more than any other call.

I know what one of the two I still have but you must make your desision.

If you are worried about customer service and everyone should be give each call maker a call and talk to them about their call. See who seems most willing to help you.

By the way I don't blow either in comps I like something else.

Bret

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
as many knowlegeable people as are here, bret is the guy you need to talk to. he really knows his stuff and is a fine caller by any standard.

***DISCLAIMER***

this isn't to offend anyone else here, i just have a lot of confidence in bret because i have talked to him at length.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.