Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Looks good, Avian. I turn most of the geese I shoot into jerky or sausage, but enjoy it cooked like that as well. BBQ pulled goose sammies are pretty fantastic, too.

This year, I am planning on trying the Hank Shaw recipe for goose pastrami. Looking to buy one of those electric pellet smokers with this year's tax return. Gotta do some research on a good one to buy.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
it's not game, but it was so damn good i had to post it. blackened salmon with mango salsa, rosemary skewered scallops, and salad. salad had chopped romaine, diced cucumber, diced avocado, halved cherry tomatoes, and crumbled bacon. dressing was olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
that hash looks good. i may have to do some of that. i am planning on curing the thighs and then smoking them. was gonna use it in some bean soup but may have to change those plans. not sure if i will have time to fill the 2nd tag.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
AA how's that grind turn out using beef fat? I've only used pork. I could swear I remember hearing reasons to avoid beef fat but I can't recall what/why. Curious to hear about how it turned out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts