Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0 Diesel 4x4. Truck is white with beige bottom. Lots of extras, Kenwood Flip up Navigation System, Chrome Step ups, Rear DVD, Rear bucket Seats, Extendable Rear view mirrors. Only 16.5k miles. Hasn't had any problems, just lookin to move to a truck. Paid $49k in 5/04 will sell for $41k. Any interests [email protected]. I have pics email me for them.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
jr, sounds like a nice truck. there are a couple of things that might be hindering someone's interests in it though. 1st and probably foremost, it has 16.5k miles and it's not even 10 months old. that's quite a few miles. 2nd, you haven't really come off the price that much. dblnsty has a point, you came off $8k but you can go to a lot and get them to come off most of that (if not all of it) on a brand new one. i bought a new z71 in '98 that had 10k miles on it and they came off the price almost $1/per mile. just for grins and giggles, i looked this truck up on kbb.com and it shows $33,875 for trade and $38,000 for retail. that's with every option available.

even though dblnsty was probably joking, he's right. you gotta do something on that price if you're serious. you lost your butt trying to turn around a brand new vehicle within the first 2 years. good luck...hth!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going off of the 38k retail kbb. You can also look at autotrader and I am right in the ball park. I'll sell it for 38k minus the navigation system, I have the stock 6 disc in dash I'll put back in.

·
Registered
821 Posts
My older brother just sold his 2003 F250 SD. 8" lift, 17" wheels, 36" tires...2,000 dollar system...very clean, 27,000 miles. His was a V10, but he began seeking 30,000 for it. Then he decided, well it will need tires sooner than later so he knocked the price off for the tires and was asking 28,000 for it. Then after no takers he decided he would take out the stereo and knock it down to 26,000. Still no takers on it...

Ended up saying to hell with it and took 21,000 from the dealership fo it on a trade-in for a 2005 F250 SD diesel. Granted he had a V10...but it just goes to show that KBB means absolutely nothing, but rather what someone is willing to pay.

Cars/trucks are not homes. You do not get nearly what you put into them.
If someone wants your excursion...that exact one...you'll get 38,000 for it. But, with all due respect, good luck finding that person.

Jeff Given

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really messed up here I didnt use all of my resources. I didn't know that we had so many used car appraisers on this board. Damn I should have asked you guys how much this thing is worth. I had no idea that there were this many people that had this much knowledge on the subject. Thanks a lot for all your input :thumbsdown: o yeah I can't wait to review all your guys posts on the classifieds, and see how fare your prices are. Look up autotrader in my area and you'll see what the going rate is for this vehicle, and I am right in the ballpark, but I am sure you did that and probably found one for 10k. PinTeal your in calif. where regular gas is 2.50 a gallon and your wanting to compare a rig that when lifted gets about 8mpg to my diesel that gets 17mpg, thats an accurate and fare comparison :thumbsdown: I appreciate the help in selling it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.