Duck Hunting Forum banner
741 - 760 of 799 Posts

·
Registered
25,556 Posts
Opinion | Want to Lock Down for the Climate?

From the news to late-night shows, much of the media makes it sound as if renewables are on the verge of taking over. But that’s far from reality. In 2019, the latest complete year of data, 81% of the world’s energy supply came from fossil fuels, according to the International Energy Agency. Even if all nations were to fulfill their current climate promises, the IEA estimates that fossil-fuel use would still make up 73% by 2040.
And most electricity isn’t green—almost two-thirds is still generated by fossil fuels, with nuclear and hydro supplying another quarter. The solar and wind favored by environmentalists generate only 8%. Though renewables are often touted as the cheapest energy source, it’s only true when the sun is shining and the wind is blowing. If it’s a still night you need backup power, typically from fossil fuels—which makes electricity costlier because you need to pay for both the solar panel and the gas turbine. The European Union, which gets 17% of its electricity from solar and wind—the highest percentage in the world—also has some of the highest consumer electricity costs.
California uses more electricity on its pools and hot tubs than all 44 million inhabitants of Uganda consume in total.
But to fulfill the Paris climate accords completely, the United Nations says that global emissions would have to plunge even further every year for the rest of the decade. In 2021 emissions would have to drop by more than double the lockdown-induced decline. By the end of 2030, they’d have to have fallen by 11 times what they did in 2020. Not exactly realistic.
I thinks this is another great illustration of the insanity.
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
When I was young, we were to fear the coming Ice Age.

Then when the weather did not cooperate, it was Global Warming. Everything was going to melt

Then when the weather did not cooperate, it was Climate Change, which is a good move because you can have have it either way. If hot out, climate change. If cold, climate change. Lack of extreme weather, climate change. Extreme weather, climate change.

But this is a new one. Because the horridly ecologically destructive and expensive windmills are not working out, we have a new villain, and you cannot make this up.

"Big Climate's focus groups have been deployed again and we now have the latest excuse for the failures of wind energy. It is called global stilling."

It seems to me the Earff is telling Big Climate- Let's go Brandon to all those windmills.

·
Registered
25,556 Posts
They have always talked about the increase in violent weather from Global Warming. However, that was something I always wondered about. The driving force for violent weather is gradients. One effect of Global Warming is not greater temperature gradients across the globe, but actually reduced temperature gradients. The warming effect is not uniform. It is generally the largest when and where it is the coldest and the least when and where it is the warmest. Thus reducing the gradients both geographically and temporally. Winter temperature increase more than summer temperatures. Temperatures at the poles increase more than at the equator. Temperatures at night increase more than temperatures during the day. So a reduction in global average winds, less severe weather (not necessarily a good thing for the environmental health), more consistency and stability. These are not necessarily good things for the environment.

Nobody has learned the lesson of the fable of the Boy Who Cried Wolf. There are TWO lessons. The first is that if you want to be believed don't lie (or be wrong repeatedly). And boy have the Al Gore types and so many so-called scientists been screaming wolf when no wolf has been around and pretty much for the same reason so we will be ready for the wolf they are sure is coming. The other less however is that if you have people in vital positions for your wellbeing that are not trustworthy, when the wolf does actually show, you are screwed because you aren't going to believe them and the wolf will run roughshod over your livestock. Maybe this time, time number 9,354,053, they are actually true and this is a clear sign of the wolf (impending destruction from Global Warming). I doubt it, but honestly, scientifically, what do I know other than I don't believe that this time the screams of wolf are real. I can't say if they are or not. I know they could be. I just don't believe it.

These arrogant scientists like Fauci don't understand why people don't respect their authoritah even though they have been wrong repeated or even actually admitted to lying. Why would any doubt such a person? o_O

Of course, what competent engineer would build a critical system such as our energy supply on something as unreliable as the wind. It cannot be the foundation. If it is, you have just turned an extend period of calm weather into a natural disaster. Same with solar. An extend period of overcast weather is a natural disaster. We saw that in Texas in what should have been a normal weather event was now a natural disaster because of the common mode failure loss of wind and the limits of the natural gas infrastructure built on just in time delivery without enough storage to deal with excessive surges in demand. All systems have their limits, but we are dramatically lowering those limits for what will lead to a natural disaster.

We are screwed. Don Quixote's nemesis is not the foundation of a modern prosperous society.

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
Maybe fencing along the southern border. Orrrrr..... place windmills near the ground, spinning at high speeds, very close together from Texas to the Pacific. That would make running the gauntlet like something from Hunger Games.

·
Registered
25,556 Posts
Maybe fencing along the southern border. Orrrrr..... place windmills near the ground, spinning at high speeds, very close together from Texas to the Pacific. That would make running the gauntlet like something from Hunger Games.
If they spun at high speed all the time, they would be a great and inexpensive power source. Problem is that there is a whole lot of time they are not spinning at all. Even someone like me that can still run a 4.4 40' would be able to get through the gauntlet.

·
Administrator
43,319 Posts
If they spun at high speed all the time, they would be a great and inexpensive power source. Problem is that there is a whole lot of time they are not spinning at all. Even someone like me that can still run a 4.4 40' would be able to get through the gauntlet.
So....we should hook them up to coal powered energy sources?

When the Heck did you last run the 40? 😅

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
The elite are so concerned about climate change that they all took private jets to go talk about it. Heck, the elites in Great Britain took private jets rather than a two hour train ride. That tells you all you need to know about this hoax.

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
If these people believed in the "exelslential threat" (as Creepy Joe says it), they would demonstrate it by conserving as much fossil fuel as possible. They do the exact opposite.

Air Taxi??? That is lib speak for private jet. Maybe she should call it an Air Prius and everyone will be good with it, or maybe an Air Greta.

One flight on a private jet was just 31 miles. A 30-45 minute car ride. It very likely took considerably longer to drive to the airport (probably in a limo), board the plane, taxi, takeoff, land, taxi and deplane, and then limo to the meeting.

It is all one giant money grab, and the sheeple have fallen for this one as well.

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
My favorite weather guy (Mike Smith of AccuWeather) regularly posts on his blog (Mike Smith Weather Blog) under the theme of - Is there anything Climate Change cannot do?

Just to be clear, he accepts the climate is changing and has been forever. However, he calls out Big Climate for the frauds they are, and that if humanoids are contributing to the continual warming since the last ice age, it would be a tiny amount and almost impossible to quantify as the Earff is in continuous chaos due to the sun, oceans, winds, clouds and on and on and on. There is no base line or ideal temperature, and never will be.

I will not be surprised if this makes his blog. This headline greeted me when I checked into my hotel this week.

Newspaper Publication World News Font

No, it is not concrete and pavement, and a general reduction of green space that would normally absorb rainfall, it is CLIMATE CHANGE. And sadly, the useful idiots believe this crap.

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
Meteorologist responds with data after Joe Biden seemingly blames climate change for deadly tornados

In relation to the recent tornadoes, Creepy Joe said....
"All I know is that the intensity of the weather across the board has some impacts as a consequence of the warming of the planet and climate change," Biden said. "The specific impact on these specific storms, I can't say at this point."

"I'm going to be asking the EPA and others to take a look at that," Biden continued. "But the fact is that we all know everything is more intense when the climate is warming. Everything. And obviously, it has some impact here, but I can't give you a quantitative read on that."

The famed meteorologist accused Biden of weaponizing tornados and shared data showing that severe weather this year has not been as severe compared to previous years.

Joe Bastardi responded to the lies and hype with....
"Clueless Joe Biden In action again with his weaponization of Tornados. 1) Violent tornadoes not increasing. 2) this year tornados, hail and wind all together near-record low," Bastardi said. "Mindless media should do their dang job and call him on it, I called Trump out on Dorian jibberish."

The charts are priceless as it demonstrated the endless lying narrative of climate change, but somehow, none of that matters.

Bastardi is a professionally trained meteorologist who uses real data, thus is not buying the humans are causing the warming hoax. While he and others know the Earff is warming as it has been for 200,000 years, he also knows any warming from humanoids is dwarfed by the natural warming and that from the bright shiny object in in the sky.

Looks like the more CO2 that is produced, the better life gets. More plant growth to feed the masses, less violent weather, fewer weather related deaths, less property damage and on and on. Maybe we need to build more coal burning plants after all.

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
Rhetorical question: Why is this phenomena not being reported?

Are fewer hurricanes and less death and destruction a good thing? Answer: Not if you are part of Big Climate and the political frauds, and all of your power and money comes from the fraud. Thus, crickets from the propaganda wing.

Now, joking aside. If more carbon means fewer violent storms (hurricanes and tornados) and better growing conditions that produce more food, is that a good or bad thing?

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
The truth is very rough when it comes to the non-green, green energy. To this simple person, it seems the no brainer is more clean, safe and reliable nuclear energy and zero windmill and solar except for niche (off grid) situations.

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
So, more things growing providing food for humanoids and animals is a good thing, right? The temperature being up by a fraction combined with more CO2 appears to be providing a bounty of food. Is that a good or a bad thing? It is so confusing.

741 - 760 of 799 Posts