Duck Hunting Forum banner
761 - 780 of 799 Posts

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
With the endless hype about extreme, super extreme and really, super duper extreme weather, I found this piece of information really interesting. Now this is an extreme weather event..... of 1899. A blizzard that blanketed the eastern half of the nation. And these temps are not wind chill or "feels like." They are the real deal.

Can you imagine below ZERO, not freezing in Tallahassee? :oops:

·
Administrator
43,319 Posts
With the endless hype about extreme, super extreme and really, super duper extreme weather, I found this piece of information really interesting. Now this is an extreme weather event..... of 1899. A blizzard that blanketed the eastern half of the nation. And these temps are not wind chill or "feels like." They are the real deal.

Can you imagine below ZERO, not freezing in Tallahassee? :oops:
They have digital thermometers back then?

·
12,185 Posts
When will this come on line

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
Don't let the progressives find out about it, as they will kill it. For reasons that cannot be explained, they are only interested in "green energy" that is terribly expensive, environmentally destructive and horridly unreliable aka windmills and solar.

·
Registered
25,556 Posts
When will this come on line

Hopefully the first unit the end if this year and the second sometime next year.

This has been a complete disaster of project management and intractable regulators.

Don't let the progressives find out about it, as they will kill it. For reasons that cannot be explained, they are only interested in "green energy" that is terribly expensive, environmentally destructive and horridly unreliable aka windmills and solar.
There were other units to follow underway elsewhere. The killed those and made this one so costly nobody will follow.

Although it is not fair to say all progressives. Bill Gates is funding nuclear in a huge way. Those that haven't lost their minds know nuclear is the only way. But thanks to them have created an environment where it's easy to destroy and hard to build.

Every new Democrat administration kills some major nuclear project.

Bush was the only President actually serious about carbon emissions. Obama/Biden killed most of our progress, but they did appoint a Blue Ribbon commission and a comprehensive study which I spent several years of my life on. All since put in the $hitcan.

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
Obama/Biden killed most of our progress, but they did appoint a Blue Ribbon commission and a comprehensive study which I spent several years of my life on. All since put in the $hitcan.
When someone puts together a "blue ribbon commission," you should immediately smell the funk of 100% politics. It is all a word game to fool the unsuspecting that a serious and qualified committee has been formed. It has NOT!!!!

The education space does that crap all of the time. It is no more than political cover for the activist leader who wants to do something that sucks. :mad:

Hey, the vaunted Blue Ribbon Commission recommended it, so what else could we do???

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
There is nothing Earff friendly about abandoning the process of drilling holes in the ground compared to strip mining, but to own an EV is just another fake virtue signal that allows eco-warriors to claim fake superiority.

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
From Mike Smith's blog, the cofounder of Accuweather. It is interesting the different perspective when the company is not funded by Big Climate grants to hype climate change, and instead is funded significantly via contracts with transportation companies who are just trying to move things (people and products) safety and on time. Big Climate hates this guy.

Product Font Screenshot Web page Natural landscape

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
Pure gold I tell you. Gold.

I wasn't worried about climate change or global warming, but this is too much. If I can no longer enjoy gumbo, then we must do something.

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
You can honestly tell what people think of something by how much they will spend on it or for it. I have always known the vast majority of people go along with the climate hoax just to keep the tyrants with torches and pitchforks off of their front lawn, and to keep from being called a denier. You know, just like the holocaust deniers.:rolleyes:

These data seem to indicate people do not give a rat's rear end about the coming climate doom. They are not willing to do anything about something in which they do not believe. :sleep:

:LOL: Over 40% would not give you a nickel.

A measly 5% would spend $10 a week to save the Earff from certain destruction.:ROFLMAO:

But these are Aussies. What about 'Mericans.

About half favored a dollar per month or $12 per year to save the Earff. o_O

At $10 per month, the price of a six pack of fancy beer, 68% said no flipping way. :p

That is what people really think of the big climate hoax. (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Here we go again. Global warming is occurring in Colorado today.

(((Sarc)))

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
That is great news for the flatlands (Denver) as it will help to fill all the reservoirs. I went to college at Regis University in Denver and graduated in 1982. Right before graduation day in mid-May, climate change also cause a giant dump of snow, and in classic Colorado fashion, the following day was bright and sunny. About half the class went to A-Basin for a day of very slushy skiing, complete with giant 32.1 degree puddles that folks would try to ski across at high speed.

Not as cool as this, but close.

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
Dutch Farmers Revolt

On Monday, Dutch police used tear gas and dogs to disperse protesters in cities. Three people were arrested, and law enforcement issued over 200 fines. Moreover, police fired on protesters, claiming they were facing a “threatening situation” when farmers in the province of Friesland were allegedly attempting to ram into officers and police vehicles. Video from Tuesday evening shows police firing on a tractor as it drove past them with a 16-year-old boy behind the wheel.

It may be too late for the Dutch in that their communists leaders have put into place laws that allow the government to take their land if they do not follow the idiotic climate change rules which require them to reduce their "footprint" by 50%. Of course, they will not be able to do that and remain solvent, so we will see what happens.

And yes, the police have fired on and threatened to shoot unarmed people. There is a video out there where a cop has his sidearm drawn, pointing it at a peaceful protester who is just sitting in his tractor. A female cop approached the out of control cop and gets him to holster his gun. I guess the cop felt safe threatening the farmer because guns and ammunition are illegal in the Netherlands, thus it was an unarmed citizen.

This march toward the liberal one world order is serious, and there is an all out push for it while demented Creepy Joe is supposed to be representing and protecting the free world.

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
Electric car problem: a replacement battery costs more than vehicle itself

"Avery Siwinski is a 17-year-old who's parents spent $11,000 on a used Ford Focus Electric car, which is a 2014 model and had about 60,000 miles when it was bought, according to KVUE.

The teenager had the car for six months before it began giving her issues and the dashboard was flashing symbols."

"The Ford dealership had advised us that we could replace the battery," said her grandfather, Ray Siwinski. "It would only cost $14,000."

However, the family found out that there weren't any batteries of that type available anymore because the Ford model is discontinued."

This is the very short-term thinking the big climate communists are pushing. An eight year old car that is for all practical purposes, disposable. These EVs will quickly become throwaway/walkaway vehicles when the batteries die, and the green new deal communists will have another set of laws and taxpayer subsidies to deal with a problem of their creating.

761 - 780 of 799 Posts