Duck Hunting Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I ordered from Boss recently. 200 rounds of 20ga for the new/old Browning Auto Five and a few boxes of twelve for my double gun. Great to deal with. Just provide them with your LTC and shipped to your door.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Mr. Joe, welcome aboard. So start patterning all your load/choke combinations. AA is the Master of patterning, with what he owns. Every gun and/or load is different, plain and simple. Bismuth is a little more stable than steel. Literally every single spot you hunt could have a different needs, what I mean is that you have a Wood duck murder hole that your farthest shot is 25 yards and why use BBs' ? Honestly, the learning curve as stated above is like waves on the Ocean, some are rolling others are crashing. Please, please, please keep safety number ONE, water and cold create ICE, which sucks in all ways. Please ask questions to learn, don't ask for spots and you'll be fine. Wait till you hit the cooking side of things, Baymen and AA are the Guru's of Waterfowl IPAs !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mr. Joe, welcome aboard. So start patterning all your load/choke combinations. AA is the Master of patterning, with what he owns. Every gun and/or load is different, plain and simple. Bismuth is a little more stable than steel. Literally every single spot you hunt could have a different needs, what I mean is that you have a Wood duck murder hole that your farthest shot is 25 yards and why use BBs' ? Honestly, the learning curve as stated above is like waves on the Ocean, some are rolling others are crashing. Please, please, please keep safety number ONE, water and cold create ICE, which sucks in all ways. Please ask questions to learn, don't ask for spots and you'll be fine. Wait till you hit the cooking side of things, Baymen and AA are the Guru's of Waterfowl IPAs !
I have
I'm gathering a few more different types of water fowl loads to spend a day patterning at my sportsman's club. I have a few different federal steel shot loads and a .410 I wasnt sure would be good for duck hunting. I've found turkey loads but nothing geared for waterfowl. I would never ask for someone's spot, only what to look for that makes a spot good. Like if there's certain vegetation they like, or don't like. Hopefully I can find my own honey pot! So far I've read to scout rivers and bodies of water. Avid reached out to me and gave me a ton of tips last night. There's miles of river near me in Russel, and I see ducks all the time when fishing. That's where I'll be scouting for the off season! Other than scouting and patterning, I'm going to have to work on my hide. Which from avids pics looks like I should see where I plan to hunt, and build the hide around the habitat there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s that time of year where I reach out and invite hunter’s to get together for food and drink and conversation. A time to share stories and experiences afield and to meet new friends in the hunting community. It’s a great opportunity to make new friends and even hunt new spots that you didn’t know were out there. I know that DHC has fewer members than in years past but I’m still putting this invitation out there. The gathering takes place at my home in Middleboro. All are welcome, no matter your age or experience. There’s a few of you out there we haven’t met yet. This is the perfect opportunity to do so. It’s a BYOB event. Great food to have, usually game meals provided by me and others. Don’t be shy. I’ve got a solid group of attendees already, so come aboard and have fun. Saturday, October 8th, 3:00 pm until whenever.
Baymen Moe -- as you know, Im very much looking forward to the gathering and meeting the group. There's allot to learn. I'll bring some pheasant sausage and homemade wine. best, Bob

21 - 27 of 27 Posts