Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were any of you fellas in a fraternity in college? I was in Delta Tau Delta at West Virginia University. We got thrown off campus my sophmore year. I made the front page of the newspaper leaving the house with my bags packed. There are lots of good memories. I just wish I could remember them all.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
No

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Willie said:
Why do you all burn couches after a football win? Never understood that...

What do West Virginians do at Halloween? Pumpkin
Because we were drunk. It seems like a fun thing to do when you're drunk. We burned our couch when WVU won the first Big East Football Championship by beating Miami. I remember warming my hands by the fire. A guy walked up next to me and asked me how it was as he was warming his hands. I turned to say nice and it was a fireman. He and the police asked me and a few of the guys if we knew who set that couch on fire. I said I had no idea.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
vince i now realize how come i have intense disdain towards you

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pgquackstacker said:
I can make friends without buying them. Almost all frat boys here are ****.
I don't know how it's buying your friends. Maybe some of the rich boy frats but many of them I wouldn't say so. Mostly the dues were nominal that kept the house up and paid for big parties. Most of our members were far from rich. We were the villians, to use a description applied by jensenja. We were mostly a bunch of evil geniuses, pot heads, alchoholics and date rapists. Well maybe not date rapists but who knows.

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Locked&Loaded said:
No! The only thing I was interested in college (other than getting a good education) was making friends with lots and lots of girls, not living in a big house with a bunch of dudes.
You forgot about the sororities. If you want to meet lots and lots of girls, you would have been better served in fraternity. You could never match the exposure if you relied on your animal prowess alone.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
The big frats here are all the rich boys spending daddy's money on blow and painkillers and then think they're better than you for being in a frat :fingerhead:

I meet more girls in class then anywhere and then I go party with them, sit next to the hottest sorority chick in class and before you know it you're welcome to every party.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
pgquackstacker said:
The big frats here are all the rich boys spending daddy's money on blow and painkillers and then think they're better than you for being in a frat :fingerhead:

I meet more girls in class then anywhere and then I go party with them, sit next to the hottest sorority chick in class and before you know it you're welcome to every party.
Thats because fraternity's in California are all full of geeds. Southern fraternity's are a completely different breed. Old Row or no go.

·
Registered
14,225 Posts
Joined but quit. Best decision I ever made to quit. I'd say about 70% of them didn't graduate and of the remaining 30%, only a handful graduated on time. We had 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th year "Seniors."

When in a frat, the people you are friends with are people who you'd be friends with anyway. In addition to them, you have to deal with about 30 more fagtards who you'd never want to hang out with in a million years.

We had one kid who, at 18, was a full blown alcoholic. He had to drink beer all the time or he got the "shakes." He woke up in the morning and sat on the porch in his boxers, smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer for breakfast. He'd get drunk pretty much every night and he wasn't a fun drunk, he was a mean drunk. He'd yell, hit people, cry, get mad for no reason. On top of that, he rarely bathed. His room smelled like a mixture of stale beer, urine, and body odor.

Yeah, I wanted to hang with that guy. :no: Best thing I ever saw him do drunk was insult one of the rugby players that some of us hung out with. The drunk kid played football in high school but had been marinating in a mixture of beer and fastfood since that time. He thought we was still tough stuff though. The rugby player ate glass and crapped nails on a daily basis. The kid got destroyed while the rugby player laughed at him.

One of my pledge brothers pretty much date raped a girl. He was the guy who bragged about sleeping with an army of women yet was never in the company of a woman and had a "magnum" condom conspicuously placed in his room that was steadily collecting dust. He also had a habit of hitting on people's ex's. One of my brother's girlfriends had just broken up with him. He had planned to marry her. This guy immediately b-lined it for the bar she was at and started laying down lame game. The previously mentioned rugby player broke up with his a few months later. Same guy immediately started texting the ex girlfriend. The rugby player smashed his head into his carhood repeatedly. Funny stuff.

Ah memories.

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pgquackstacker said:

There was one rich boy frat at WVU. I never could be friends with any of those guys. You're right. They felt better than everyone else or at least that's the vibe I got.

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
pgquackstacker said:
One of the frats here killed a kid during hazing, they seem like real cool guys :no:
Sadly there was a death related to frat hazing here at Utah State University a few years ago. A bunch of frat boys forced a kid to rapidly drink an excessive amount of hard liquor against his will and he was found dead the next morning.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Alpha Tau Omega at Eastern Illinois University, Fraternity life was alot of fun. I went two years of college without frat life, then joined the end of my sophomore year, best decision I ever made. I can see how it wouldnt be for everyone though. Random hook ups went way up though because of frat life, that was a plus :yes: .

1 - 20 of 151 Posts