Duck Hunting Forum banner
121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
TNAL45 said:
Redbeard said:
While I think most frat boys are collar popping douches (Hi TNAL!) I'll give you a pass if you're part of the Izzone
We had an agreement Red! :hammer:
Sorry Cameron I couldn't resist. At least this guy's a spartan

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
wvugunner92 said:
vincentpa said:
Were any of you fellas in a fraternity in college? I was in Delta Tau Delta at West Virginia University. We got thrown off campus my sophmore year. I made the front page of the newspaper leaving the house with my bags packed. There are lots of good memories. I just wish I could remember them all.
WVU represent. im a freshmen in arnoldhall, but i will prob rush in the spring :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Here we go

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Redbeard said:
TNAL45 said:
Redbeard said:
While I think most frat boys are collar popping douches (Hi TNAL!) I'll give you a pass if you're part of the Izzone
That makes it worse! One of my HS friends is at Mich State and we have near constant FB banter about SEC v. B1G.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Redbeard said:
wvugunner92 said:
vincentpa said:
Were any of you fellas in a fraternity in college? I was in Delta Tau Delta at West Virginia University. We got thrown off campus my sophmore year. I made the front page of the newspaper leaving the house with my bags packed. There are lots of good memories. I just wish I could remember them all.
WVU represent. im a freshmen in arnoldhall, but i will prob rush in the spring :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Here we go
Fratz are the devil Bobby!

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
TNAL45 said:
Redbeard said:
TNAL45 said:
Redbeard said:
That makes it worse! One of my HS friends is at Mich State and we have near constant FB banter about SEC v. B1G.
I'd send my son to play for Tom Izzo no questions asked

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Steel Shot said:
TNAL45 said:
Someone actually thinks that the B1G is on the same level as the SEC in football?
He's a little misguided. Usually ends with him giving up or me saying 49-7. :yes: Basketball is a bit different.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I got booted out of my fraternity for throwing a guy out of a party who was groping girls. The last frat party i will ever go to in my life was an AGR halloween party at MSU where i drank punch with drugs in it. Ended up 40 mile from Bozeman in some shack with some skank i picked up at the frat party. Needless to say... BAD NIGHT. Advice to younger members... Do not drink the mystery puch in the back room away from the party. If you do decide to drink said punch, don't chug a solo cup full of it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Redbeard said:
msuducknut said:
Alpha Gamma Rho here. Michigan State chapter.

Far as Frat goys, were nothing like typical frat. 95% come from Farms and Agriculture background. More a tradition that anything. No one is friends with everyone and its just a group of guys that have something in common. Heck its gotten me so great access to some hunting land(even if my best spot is a Farmhouse guys) Almost everyone in the fraternity has had a dad or brother or uncle in it. Were only 50 members. House is like a big apartment and no different than living with a couple buds in an actual apartment. We pay less for living in 2 semesters than almost one semester in the dorms. We have a full time cook that has dinner ready by 530 pm. Parties are fun, and grades are important. Last semester we had the highest GPA beating out the honors frat. I think were somewhere around 95% graduation rate as I only know 1 or 2 guys in my 3 years that hasnt graduated and they also dropped out of the house

Those other frats..ya a lot of them deserve the rep they get, but not all of the bad rap is true. Heck since Thanksgiving break we've had 3 students die at MSU from drugs or other things. And guess what..not one was a frat person. But if it was a frat its all over the news and everyone ridicules them. And buying friends, that a load of chit in my mind. I joined for job connections and the networking. I hang out more with my friends outside of the house than in it. But that may be just me too..

anyways thats just my thoughts :)
lol ya izzone is da man! gotta say im amazed year in and year out what he does with that program. its nice UM is getting better so now we have some good games in bball. Sorry about bringing up an old thread. just saw a hunting partner of mine that moved up NC made a post. Like I said, for the most part I agree with your view of collar popping lol, but farm frats are a tad different. Least in my eyes.

Cant believe duck season is over here in Michigan. so bored now

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
No one pops collars! :mad:

Anyway, I always viewed joining a fraternity as a business decision and was encouraged by my father for those reasons. Sure I had way too much fun, but I handled my business in undergrad. I don't think some of you realize what sort of networking opportunities they present and what somewhat real power they can exercise. An example would be "The Machine," which gathers national news attention every so often and certainly is at the forefront of campus politics.

The Machine, the former Alpha Rho chapter of Theta Nu Epsilon at the University of Alabama, is a coalition of traditionally white fraternities and sororities which formed a secret society with some degree of influence over campus and Alabama state politics. The group, which has operated in varying degrees of secrecy since 1914, is credited with selecting and ensuring the election of candidates for Student Government Association, Homecoming Queen, and other influential on-campus and off-campus offices. It was evidently first publicly noted as "a political machine" in 1928 by Alabama's campus newspaper, The Crimson White.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Machine

This is all allegedly of course.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
msuducknut said:
Like I said, for the most part I agree with your view of collar popping lol, but farm frats are a tad different. Least in my eyes.
I grew up round a lot of successful farmer's boys. A lot of them can be as arrogant and uppity as anyone one else.

In fact I went my own way for many years. Only to run into all these same wastes of space duck hunting at my buddy's club in recent years. And yea some folks never change

·
Registered
15 Posts
Redbeard said:
msuducknut said:
Like I said, for the most part I agree with your view of collar popping lol, but farm frats are a tad different. Least in my eyes.
I grew up round a lot of successful farmer's boys. A lot of them can be as arrogant and uppity as anyone one else.

In fact I went my own way for many years. Only to run into all these same wastes of space duck hunting at my buddy's club in recent years. And yea some folks never change
cant argue that..but like you said some people never change. Im not sure where your from but at least here at state, most everyone gets along with the two ag groups in one way or another. But yes there def are farmers that think their chit dont stink but thats not the norm. Ive gained more access and hunting spots for waterfowl from guys in the fraternity :yes:

·
Registered
583 Posts
KA at LSU. We got booted from campus my sophomore year. Good times! I am still friends with most of those guys, and we have a get together planned at one of the guys duck camp next month.

The only way a pledge would have died in our group was by drinking himself to death. That was a possibility. Even though our group produced a lot of doctors and lawyers, our actions suggest we were not the smartest guys around.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
whistlin_wings said:
Most of the guys in my fraternity didn't hunt, they didn't want to mess up their spikey hair and affliction didn't come in camo
Ugh...

121 - 140 of 151 Posts