Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 1744 Gator Trax. I've moved the gas tank to the front in the storage area in the bow. Problem is that it is extremely difficult to access the tank to refill. I believe current GT models have more open areas under the bow to allow for a tank, batteries, etc. I am thinking about just taking a reciprocating saw to the existing space to enlarge for better access. Just wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone else had run across this situation or has any good ideas on how to open up this space.

I am gonna try and post pics below but am not sure if it will work since this is my first attempt at posting pics.

Thanks for any input...

BULL SPRIG GT[/img]

·
Registered
668 Posts
I had the same problem in one of my boats. This is not to hard to solve or expensive. Use a hole saw and cut into the interior side of the bow compartment. Using automotive tubing and hose clamp attach to the opening on the tank, using a hose clamp on the other end attach a polybutalene male adapter that fits your gas cap. You need to use your cap if possible for venting, place o rings on each side of the hole push the tube through the hole , secure each part. You should be in business in about an hour. Good luck. :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts