Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find another post about this and being my first long distance hunting trip is in the upcoming year, I thought it might be a good idea to post up gear that you guys take on long hunting trips. Including things that you wish you would have taken, or may have run out of.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Everytime I go hunting, I always forget something. Maybe it's because I'm always getting drunk the night b4. lol. I usually just prepare the nec. like deeks, wader, gun, ammo, jacket, calls, camera, TP is a biggy, water, etc. the list never ends when it comes to hunting. Oh license is a necessity for sure.

·
Registered
353 Posts
back up gun , extra cloths, up to date maps of area going to.
leave at home or with someone an idea of where your going to be and when you plan to return . by the way you didnt say what you were going hunting for, or where.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Take everything you can cram in. There will be some stuff you will not need and some you wish you had. Always take an extra gun or two. There are a lot of little things you can pick up on the road if needed, but you don't want to be shopping for a gun or parts in the middle of a hunting trip. Start now to make a list and review it often I keep a running lists for different type hunts in different areas and every time I go hunting if something comes up I wish I had it goes on the list. If there is something I never end up needing and it is not a critical item like extra back up emergency stuff it goes off the list or on the not so critical part of the list. Always take cloths for hot to very cold if hunting out west in the northern areas. I have been in the Dakotas twice when I started of the week hunting in 70 or higher temps and ended the week around Zero with 20 below wind chills.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That's the issue at hand. What o you want/need to bring. I started this when I started hunting with my children - if they were miserable the hunt was over. I use to hunt the refuge but I belong to a cub now. But I still bring the little note pad and a pen. Could be a 2nd thermos of hot chocolate or bisquits for the dog. An extra can of propane for the heater or just checking the amount that was in the can. The most important necessities were WATERPROOF clothes - extra clothes to change in to, food (hot) and a way to dry the clothes for a 2nd day of hunting. The list is made up of your personal wants - maybe a cigar cutter - mosquito repellent, a small 1st aid kit, Bottle of Saline (for those of us that wear contacts, a plastic bag to keep a dry cloth in (for those who wear glasses. The list is endless - it all comes down to what you want or personal preference. I carry a large blind bag and the pad and paper are always in a small zip lock, everyone is different - I do not mind packing a full blind bag with little extra's. I'm out for the day - I do not go in if it rains unless I have my limit (which isn't too often) usually when shoot time is over. I will post my check list for Waterfowl hunting.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Sorry this took so long, was out of town. Now remember this is hunting with 2 kids. If it was me and the dog way different.

WATERFOWL HUNTING LIST
Waders
Boots
Long sleeve shirt
Long underwear
Socks / Liners
Field Pants / Bibbs
Gloves
Jackets
Blind Bag - REPACK
Xtra clothing (jeans-Hat - sweatshirt-shirt etc)
Back Pack/fanny pack/water bag
Cart and Sled
Guns
Plastic Bags - trash / zip lock
Ammo 12 & 20
Maps
Blind Seats
Sleeping bags
Flash Lites - Lrg & small - CHARGE BATTERY
Air mattress's
Air pump
Tent
Camp stove
X-tra batteries
Lantern/fuel
Hunting Seats
Coleman fuel
Gun slings
Tarp (lay down for mud)
1st aid kit
Alarm clock
Decoys
Coffee / Hot Chocholat
mugs / plug in cup
Blind material
Chairs
Binoculars
Water & Water jug
Ice chest
Bike
GPS
Cell Phone
Food - snacks/lunch
Gun Oil
Triscuits/Cheese/Kielbasa

STOGIES
BAG
Gear bag
Dog Stand
Food - dry/wet/energy bars
Vest
E-COLLAR - CHARGE BATTERY
Leash / Lead
Bowl
Kennel
Tools for van
Cigars
Cleaning kit (tool kit)
Flask
Hunting book
Shovel
LICENSES
Coleman Heater/fuel
Wallet
Tire Chains
Sun glasses
Reservation Cards
Camera
Broom & Dust Pan
Skeeter Spray
Hot Coco
Fire Wood
Small plastic bag (phone)
Axe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.