Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Yellowstone, you just described the exact scenario that a the author of Leaders Eat Last says is ruining the workforce. I'm in the middle of reading it right now because I️ just got moved into a leadership role and figured I️ should read about some management techniques. Basically, companies are putting profits above people and the worker end up not caring about the company. In the end everyone suffers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
740 Posts
razorrt5 said:
DuckSlayer5200 said:
Yellowstone, you just described the exact scenario that a the author of Leaders Eat Last says is ruining the workforce. I'm in the middle of reading it right now because I️ just got moved into a leadership role and figured I️ should read about some management techniques. Basically, companies are putting profits above people and the worker end up not caring about the company. In the end everyone suffers.

I'd suggest reading "Good to Great" (Jim Collins) and "The Art of Virtue-Based Transformational leadership" by Mark McCloskey and Jim Louwsma

-Good to great is a good general leadership book that is very common (you might have already read it)
-The Art of Virtue-Based transformational leadership, this was the teachings my MBA was modeled after, Mark and Jim are professors at Bethel and 2 of the smartest people I've ever...ever known really great stuff in there, makes you think..... and if you ever have questions I'm sure they wouldn't have an issue answering them, just great guys all around
Thanks Razorrt I️'lol put those on the list.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have four dozen Flambeau shells I've had for 15 years. I only field hunt a few times a year and they don't take up much room. I think they fit in two decoy bags including the heads. I hardly ever use the stakes.

·
Registered
740 Posts
You guys are lucky to be still fishing. We're getting like 3+ inches of rain today and tomorrow with temps in the 50's. I don't think the ice will survive long.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I was always under the impression that the wolves and hard winters drove the UP deer herd down. The anti's took away the wolf hunting after one year a one year trial in the UP.

·
Registered
740 Posts
MI combo license is two bucks. One the antlers have to be3" or more. The second tag has to have at least 4 points on one side. Some areas like where our deer camp is have antler point restrictions that say all bucks must have at least three points on one side.

Edit: Sorry I missed razorrts post that said this.

·
Registered
740 Posts
There are usually a few days in the spring and fall that I'd like to work outside. The rest of the days I'll keep my indoor job. If the AC gets too cold in the summer I can always go out in the plant and warm up.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I've had the best luck since I moved my grill and smoker to the garage. When I kept them on the deck burners and grates would only last a few years. Now I'm on the same cheap grill going on five years and haven't replaced anything.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'd look at a 40 to 50 hp motor. The 60 would be great but you need to think about overall weight. My 1652 Seaark with a 35 GTR is a little stern heavy with that motor. Just try to get all the hp you can without putting too much weight in the back. If you get caught out on the big lake and the wind picks up you'll appreciate every horse you have.

·
Registered
740 Posts
You're making a good decision. I've been in Saginaw bay in a mod V in two foot waves and it isn't something I'd want to do again. The bigger boat will fit you well on the big lake.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts