Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2963 Posts

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
I didn't see anything but I didn't look close. Looks like a 2x something mounted on the bottom with a keel weight.

There are 4 or 5 more I just grabbed the best looking paint and heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
#2s here. From opener through close. I have the occasional cripple but I attribute that to me not the shot. Granted if a teal or woodie gets close it can be hamburger.

Used BB last year for late goose, seemed to work good but this was my first year goose hunting.

Still thinking I would like to try some after market chokes.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Rant on

So the DNR "Knows" we would kill to many other ducks and won't give us a Fed approved teal season.

Yet they will shut down night fishing and threaten catch and release only on Mille Lacs and proceed to say that tribal netting has "no" negative affects on the walleye population.

Who do they work for again?

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
beretta24 said:
xrated said:
Rant on

So the DNR "Knows" we would kill to many other ducks and won't give us a Fed approved teal season.

Yet they will shut down night fishing and threaten catch and release only on Mille Lacs and proceed to say that tribal netting has "no" negative affects on the walleye population.

Who do they work for again?
Do you really think netting, which has been going on for decades, is the critical issue? I agree it has some impact, but I have seen zero studies that say they take an amount even close to the rest of us. Granted, I have feelings about them being able to net at all, but I don't think they are the main problem with regards to changes in walleye population.
No I don't place blame 100% on the tribes...but the report I heard on MPR had the DNR saying it had no affect. If you are going to pretend to be serious about an issue, then by God call a spade a spade and don't tell me that taking fish that are going into spawn isn't affecting a population. Have the balls and shut the whole damn fishery for walleyes down until you figure out what is going on, or require circle hooks and release. If you want walleyes then liberalize the pike and small mouth fishing. Don't do this pansy assed, feel good, we are doing something but not really crap.

Just bugs me that the DNR treats the tribes like grandmas crystal vase.

In case you can't tell I have some serious issues with tribal netting.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
MinnesotaDan said:
I believe they have liberalized the pike and smallmouth fishing. I think I saw on twitter the pike limit is going to be 10 or something, or maybe I'm taking crazy pills.
Could be, the report I heard did mention that.

OK I retract part of my rant, it seems the DNR did liberalize those limits due to the fish being at record highs....

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/millelacslake/index.html

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
i thought the DNR could shut it down if things got bad? Granted it has been a long while since I looked at the treaty ruling stuff so I might be confusing what I have read with interwebs bs.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
rough deal Stu.

Speaking of power outages, this story is no joke.

I grew up in the country, well water, etc. So what did we do my entire life up to 18 when there was a storm threat? Why we filled the tub and buckets with water and only flushed in an emercency if the power went out. And if it was summer and you had to go visit about a horse you went to the outhouse.

Fast forward to oh about age 24-25 and my wife and I are living in our house. Living in town with all the benefits of living in town right? First summer we lose power and I kid you not the first words out of my mouth are "you can pee but no poo in the toilets until the power is back on and no flushing the pee".

Ashamed to admit it took my 2 or 3 years to realize my water still worked when the power went out!

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Damn unfriendly locals anyways :wink:

I promise to be friendly to non-locals this summer and fall...so long as they don't make me angry. SO I promise to be friendly to the ones who aren't condescending tools.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
goldfish said:
xrated said:
Damn unfriendly locals anyways :wink:

I promise to be friendly to non-locals this summer and fall...so long as they don't make me angry. SO I promise to be friendly to the ones who aren't condescending tools.
So... 612ers?

I can say that because my area code is now 952, lol

Sent from a phancy fone
haha, generally in my estimation it includes anyone not born in the 218 area code and can be further broken down depending on county, town or township. And even local in township as I know some real tools in Shamrock township, which also raised some of the finest people you will ever meet :wink:

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Got out in the garage yesterday and did some cleaning. Fighting a bug so not as ambitous as I should have been. But all Christmas lights are up and away, work bench got cleaned off, piece of crap snow blower ran long enough to be moved under the deck. Seriously the carb on that thing is a POS, float sticks and proceeds to kill the motor within a minute!

Managed to bring my motorcycle home despite finding out that either my trickle charger is shot or my battery is. Even got kid bikes down.

Man it sure was having space and organization for a hour!

1 - 20 of 2963 Posts