Duck Hunting Forum banner
18581 - 18600 of 18615 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
This definitely helps us see out over the rice and reeds better than just standing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
For whatever it’s worth….

I ordered the Lucky Duck 2x4 blind, here’s a review:

I can see where this would work great for a group of young guys who field hunt with a trailer. It’s big but portable.

It ain’t gonna work for me because it has too many parts to assemble on a regular basis and it’s too flimsy to leave out on our windswept Sandy point. I can also guess that a wild young dog or clumsy young kids might wreck it.

So, I’m returning it and a buddy is going to get a materials estimate for welding up a similar but rigid steel frame that I can camo out myself.

If that’s too expensive or heavy I’ll be using 2x2s and corrugated plastic to copy a panel blind that I’ll anchor with T-posts.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18,583 ·
This new mobile page is dumb.

I'm sure it "looks better" and more updated and all that jazz, but now I have adds popping up from the bottom of the page that cover stuff and it just wants to go to the first page of topics, not the most recent post.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
99 cents month is well worth it.

I don’t have any idea what you are talking about.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Dude you’ve really gone from a hobbyist to a talented carver

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well played wally and thanks razzort. Still the same old dude just hacking at a piece of wood. They may have just got slightly better over the years.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18,590 ·
Lol, I was going to say something similar Wally.

Well, guess little man won't be born during hunting season. He couldn't wait to get out so at 12:10am he joined this world a couple/few weeks early. I better finish up those last baby projects.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Congrats Goldie!

Wally…. I know my sea ducks well… it’s them silly undesirable puddle ducks that land in my spread that get me lol

·
Registered
889 Posts
Scouted NE SD today. Was around Webster. Apparently the drought has had little effect on high water levels in this corner of the state. Still wrestling with buying an actual boat.

18581 - 18600 of 18615 Posts