Duck Hunting Forum banner
18601 - 18615 of 18615 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Congrats Goldie! Life will never be the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Well unrelated, just got back from a 5.5 day solo archery backcountry elk hunt in Colorado. It was a good time and my intention was to learn and learn I did so it was a success as far as I see it…. I went with only an antlerless tag so I could still rifle hunt a bull in November, go figure I found the bulls and never found the cows lol but a very cool time and a good amount of game action, had 1 bull stopped at 27 yards and 12 black bears inside 15 yards… unfortunately the brush was so thick I either didn’t seen them before running off or I couldn’t make a clean shot. I’ll definitely be elk hunting moving forward … and yes my love for Sitka now extended to big game too lol

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
That is awesome BB!

Glad you had fun Razzort. Ordering up some new Dakota pants tonight. Scheels apparently doesn’t stock a 30” waist.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Having only worn the Dakotas in the house quickly last night after they showed up....good purchase.

So I sent them more money this morning.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Good luck tomorrow fellas….. get comfortable sleeping in that boat tonight lol

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18,612 ·
Ditto. Good luck everyone. This will be the first opener I've missed in near a decade, but I'll take brownie points and no opening day crowding frustrations for some sleep and sanity right now

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Woke up at 3:30. Heard mud motor on the lake at 3:40

That’s insane. If we don’t get out spot at least we can always park on our shore line and sit in a corner on shore.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Day two. Not high hopes. Didn’t see 1/4 of the birds last night while scouting that we had in the morning.

On the plus side we have finally moved out of the Stone Age and learned to bring a cook stove! Bacon and egg sammich sure is tasty.

18601 - 18615 of 18615 Posts