Duck Hunting Forum banner
18641 - 18660 of 18674 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have a pair of USIA waders and love em. I have had them for 4 or 5 years and havent had an issue yet. If you have issues send them in and they will patch them up. Note i usually ise them sept/oct and have neoprene for when its colder. Any more questions let me know.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Anyone have any luck patching waders? I’m on my 3rd/4th season (not sure) with Rogers tough man. Have a crotch seam that is leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think seams might be tough but I’ve had great luck using shoo goo or marine goop on punctures. (Neoprene waders)

Only costs a few dollars to try!

I have a pair of breathables that need repatching. Worked good for a while but I don’t use them much since I hardly hunt early season anymore. Fortunately the air and water aren’t too cold in the first half. Hopefully I can get another couple years out of them… stupid expensive these days…

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well I just patched the patch on my breathables. I think it’ll work but who knows.

Cleaned them up with soapy water and a brush. Then a washcloth. Then thoroughly rinsed with garden hose. Then thoroughly dried in the warm sunshine.

Found the patch kit they came with, used the fabric scraps but opted for marine goop instead of their adhesive.

I was pretty liberal with the adhesive and I let it air dry a few minutes to get tacky before I mated the patch to the waders.

I recommend nitrile gloves and popsicle sticks for application.

I’ll probably test them this weekend.

·
Registered
239 Posts
What the heck, am I the only one here? Haha

My breathable wader patch worked. A buddy said he used gorilla glue and the patch kit scraps for his waders and that worked too.

Stay tuned for more thrilling wader talk!

·
Registered
9,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18,647 ·
What the heck, am I the only one here? Haha

My breathable wader patch worked. A buddy said he used gorilla glue and the patch kit scraps for his waders and that worked too.

Stay tuned for more thrilling wader talk!

Not the only one here. I knocks on wood haven't had to repair my breathables so have no clue on what would work. I was listening for bound to be future reference though

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Well I just patched the patch on my breathables. I think it’ll work but who knows.

Cleaned them up with soapy water and a brush. Then a washcloth. Then thoroughly rinsed with garden hose. Then thoroughly dried in the warm sunshine.

Found the patch kit they came with, used the fabric scraps but opted for marine goop instead of their adhesive.

I was pretty liberal with the adhesive and I let it air dry a few minutes to get tacky before I mated the patch to the waders.

I recommend nitrile gloves and popsicle sticks for application.

I’ll probably test them this weekend.

The kit works as well. I've used it on mine. Just iron it on, easypeasy.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
They’re good, I would suggest mixing some sock in with the silloettes for some volume overtop but yes they work

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I’ve been chasing deer for the last week or so. Missed a 8pt yesterday morning so back out I go today.

I love duck hunting but it takes a lot of ducks to give you the same amount of meat as one deer.

Big weather system punching through tomorrow which hopefully willing pull any remaining birds down.

·
Registered
9,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18,655 ·
Oh, there's no way to even compare the quality of food and quantity of it with deer vs duck. I know there's some goldeneye stacked up some where though

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I’ve deer hunted 2 times in 3 days…. If you know me then you know that ducks must be non existent for me to stoop that low lol

·
Registered
719 Posts
I’ve mentioned this before but my property is between a set of small lakes that ducks use for a roost and a loafing spot. When I’m in my deer stand I typically see a few hundred ducks fly over to or from the roost.

Saturday morning I saw just a handful leaving the roost. Last night I didn’t see one duck. Some geese were still flying but no ducks. We might be close to the end

·
Registered
933 Posts
I’m fairly certain I’ll have open water til the end of my zone (dec 6)
Scouted the MO yesterday, I’ll have small boat access there through the Jan 6 closer. Hardly see any birds. Drove around 5 hours.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Duck is better than deer.

Deer is more efficient minus all the stupid time I sat watching for one.

But we are frozen here. Course season is legally done minus geese.

Gonna go check the ice thickness with the chisel tomorrow. Setup a spread on the lake and work Kona on ice this weekend after dropping more stupid Norway.

And hey less than a year until opener and 1 year until i might get my speck from the taxidermist

18641 - 18660 of 18674 Posts