Duck Hunting Forum banner
18661 - 18674 of 18674 Posts

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
UP season is closed this week but opened back up for the final two days….sat/sun I’m crossing my fingers we finally get some goldeneyes and buffys to make the last 2 mornings at least worth the time

Probably deer hunt atleast an afternoon over the break here since I did put in the effort to make a plot, set a camera and bait…. But I’m gonna do it while gritting my teeth lol I just really want to put a hole in something with my new 6.5 and since my elk trip was canceled this is my opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Thought you sold the layout?

I ordered a couple dozen Rockconemy socks from WhiteRock and the stencil.

Get a start on being ready for devils. Still need to get silos and headed socks to add to Razzort and Torks numbers.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thought you sold the layout?

I ordered a couple dozen Rockconemy socks from WhiteRock and the stencil.

Get a start on being ready for devils. Still need to get silos and headed socks to add to Razzort and Torks numbers.

Goldfish meant snow blowing attire

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Maybe I’m special. Maybe Divebomb has super special stakes versus Lucky Duck.

But I’m highly skeptical of people who say silos are amazing on ice.

Or when they say ice they mean fairly thin stuff or just absolute horse crap ice.

Cause I tried pounding some silos into the good clear 4-5” thick ice today for some training with Kona and by the time I had 6 out 2 had tipped over in 6mph wind. And than another tipped over! Also split 2 of them some how......

Thank goodness for shells and keel less decoys.

As for training her first couple were very slow and controlled in and out. But as we got more she was a bit faster on the way out and sliding than I wanted. Super slow on the returns though.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Maybe I’m special. Maybe Divebomb has super special stakes versus Lucky Duck.

But I’m highly skeptical of people who say silos are amazing on ice.

Or when they say ice they mean fairly thin stuff or just absolute horse crap ice.

Cause I tried pounding some silos into the good clear 4-5” thick ice today for some training with Kona and by the time I had 6 out 2 had tipped over in 6mph wind. And than another tipped over! Also split 2 of them some how......

Thank goodness for shells and keel less decoys.

As for training her first couple were very slow and controlled in and out. But as we got more she was a bit faster on the way out and sliding than I wanted. Super slow on the returns though.

Buddies that hunt them drill the holes with power drill and say it works well.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I’ve snagged a pelt or two. Can I send you this traveler decoy this week?

I’m hoping to snag at least a Marten, Fisher and Bobcat in the next week or so but we’ll see how the snow impacts those plans

Sure thing, need my address?

18661 - 18674 of 18674 Posts