Duck Hunting Forum banner
18841 - 18860 of 18868 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
I love my new a5 - i have the same one w/ a 28” barrel. If you want to sell it let me know i can make room in the safe. I keep mine wet with gun oil and that seems to be the trick. I probably have a 1000 rounds or so through it 75/25 with the majority being duck loads

·
Registered
972 Posts
Thanks again. Goldie wasn’t to far off with the junk comment. The gun is nice but my cousin hadn’t broke it down or cleaned it in any way in the 3 years he had it. It took a lot of oil and elbow grease just to unscrew the choke. Since it’s hot this week I’m going to take it to my gunsmith and have him break it down.

5stand, I have cases of Winchester super targets, 1-1/8 1200 fps. You reckon that’s as good as 1300 fps?

Also you guys who are using the gun. Are you using the DS goose band chokes that came with the gun? I was only given the IC choke and will need other chokes.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yes i use the DS chokes. I patterned all my lead and steel loads and it seems the modified held just as good of patterns as my full for lead/steel so I use that for everything. I think i had close to 100% in a 30” circle at 30 yards with both lead and steel. Lead 4s, steel 2s and 3s

·
Registered
516 Posts
On second thought to save on recoil and expenses.. You could buy a box or two of the 1300, load the gun with the first shell 1300, second shell 1200.. If the sporting Clay range will let you load 3 rounds in the gun..Call for the targets shoot the two targets that are thrown and see if the gun functions properly. Some ranges have rules against loading 3..
For a break-in load The 1300 will make a difference.
If you decide to go with just the 1200 ft cartridges, and pay for a hundred rounds of sporting clays.. Have a backup gun in the truck.
The 1300s might not work the gun either..
The gunsmith might have some good advice also???
I'm sure this reads like authentic frontier gibberish,
hopefully you can figure it out..

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
One buddy has an A5. He’s been happy with it and even shot it at college trap nationals.

But it was probably the Boom Boom Dead sticker on the stock that made it work!

·
Registered
972 Posts
One buddy has an A5. He’s been happy with it and even shot it at college trap nationals.

But it was probably the Boom Boom Dead sticker on the stock that made it work!

I can send you a check for some brother X stickers. For how poorly I shot on ducks last year I’d be proud to rock a Boom Boom Dead sticker on the butt. The last sticker went on the Foose ball table

·
Registered
972 Posts
Made the mistake of asking my old man about pellet guns. He lives 5 minutes East from me. He brought his over to show me how “quiet “ it is. Talk about Wally Fudd

18841 - 18860 of 18868 Posts