Duck Hunting Forum banner
18861 - 18880 of 18954 Posts

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Well guys this afternoon it is my time to do crappy things.

Pipsqueak the beagle was a worthless mutt. But he was good with the kids and he never snipped, growled or bit at them and he lasted 14 years and 3 babies.

The last 6 months he’s gotten very skinny and has been having bad nights but still gets excited for food. But last week he started really having rough nights. It isn’t fair to him or the kids to keep him around and get mad about his problems waking me up.

That damn dog started his life making me mad and had one last run making me mad. It speaks more to me then to him.

Anyways, besides breaking out of the yard/house and running what Pipsqueak loved most in life was waterfowl! Every time after a hunt he’d excitedly run out to see what I had and he’d sniff and lick and shake with excitement. He always got the prime tender loin when breasting our birds and exercised rights of old dog once Kona came around and he still got first and best cuts.

The last two nights he’s gotten a bed time snack of duck breasts, 2 whole damn breasts all to himself. Ringbill and last night Woody....I lost it feeding him the wood duck last night.

The hole is dug and tonight after work we go to the vet and bring him home to rest by the lake he hates so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Well I did a thing and orders the Tetra hearing devices for this fall.

Should get them end of next week, I’ll be eager to see how calling sounds with them.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
They claim to have figured out how to make it sound normal.

Worse case I’m out the FSA money or FSA decides even though they are approved they won’t give me my money.

·
Registered
9,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18,877 ·
I’ve opted for good ole deafness…. Half way there as it is… and I don’t do anything halfway lol

Can't quit half way. Lol

I went looking for my calls and couldn't find them. Eventually found them in the glove box in the truck (hardly ever use the glove box, always the center console). That means they've sat in there all year 😬

For sure thought I would have hosed the reeds in the heat but I gave em a rip and they sounded ok. Was kinda hoping maybe they would be a little funky to have a reason to go to game fair.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Can't quit half way. Lol

I went looking for my calls and couldn't find them. Eventually found them in the glove box in the truck (hardly ever use the glove box, always the center console). That means they've sat in there all year

For sure thought I would have hosed the reeds in the heat but I gave em a rip and they sounded ok. Was kinda hoping maybe they would be a little funky to have a reason to go to game fair.
I think your calls probably sound off, you better get a couple new ones. Better safe than sorry and it will give you a new excuse to use for this year.

I’m sticking with ammo is too expensive to practice a lot.

18861 - 18880 of 18954 Posts