Duck Hunting Forum banner
18881 - 18900 of 18905 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
What’s up fellas…good to catch up and read some updates from the regulars. Life is as busy as ever but fall is closing in. Starting to pencil in some fall trips, check ammo supply, order decoys I don’t need, you know the usual. Hope everyone is doing well, as always if you get down my direction (Southeast MN) hit me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Got out to the horse and hunt club this past weekend, Man did it feel good to get back behind the gun! Finishing up some house projects, A couple vacations and trips. Hopefully that will keep me busy till the season starts. Got all my waterfowl purchases done earlier this year so should be set. I am trying to focus some more on deer this year as well.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
I went to shoot clays and the spring on the release on my thrower is bad.

Found that out when I went to cock it and it spun all the way around and smacked my wrist....luckily after 2 days it quit hurting.

So I missed all 1 of the clays I tried before the thrower didn’t secure twice while the wife was cocking it.

Should be ready for real!

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
What’s up fellas…good to catch up and read some updates from the regulars. Life is as busy as ever but fall is closing in. Starting to pencil in some fall trips, check ammo supply, order decoys I don’t need, you know the usual. Hope everyone is doing well, as always if you get down my direction (Southeast MN) hit me up.

I dunno. I’m not convinced you all shoot ducks down there! Think in two trips I’ve seen 3-4 birds killed

So basically yeah if I have to visit in-laws I’ll probably give you a call!!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I dunno. I’m not convinced you all shoot ducks down there! Think in two trips I’ve seen 3-4 birds killed

So basically yeah if I have to visit in-laws I’ll probably give you a call!!

Haha fair….we do kill a few but the good shoots are very weather dependent. The older I get the less I hunt locally and try and focus my money and time on traveling to where the birds actually are. There is a plethora of geese locally this year but I’m sure a majority of them will bug out about September 1st………

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I’ve been looking for 18 months for ammo at a reasonable price … finally found a case of blue box and a case of browning wicked blend for 200$ so decided to buy a case of the wicked wing to see how I like it

·
Administrator
43,190 Posts
Was strolling through a local store this morning and xperts were 29 bucks a box ouch.
No kiddin' on ouch. I think I've had a box for a decade or better and I can't bring myself to put them in a shell box even if I'm out of Kent's in that shot size.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Well my fall plans are set now, was waiting on the Montana antelope draw results and failed…. So a Montana solo backcountry archery elk/deer hunt in September and a base camp rifle elk/deer hunt in November with family will be my big trips this year…. Some waterfowl hunting around the house is all I’ll have availability for this season as somehow I was bamboozled into a 2 week vacation in Orlando in October

·
Registered
710 Posts
I kind of like the high prices on shells. After looking back on last year i am not sure it hurt the hunter numbers to much but is sure did limit the sky blasting. If you could find shells they seemed to be the 30-50$ a box year and other hunters didnt seem to pull the trigger as much at 1-2$ a shot. From what i saw they took quality over quantity of shots

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
For anyone going out for Teal season that Teal Steel Kent stuff is awesome. We were 9 out of our first 9 last year teal opener with the stuff. The upland steel in 2.75 isn't bad either.
Hope to mix in some dove when I go out for teal.

I picked up a case of the fast steel and rio for this year, hard to find anything under $20/box. I love the welding slag Xperts, but when they were $11/box 2 years ago it's hard to spend $20/box now.

18881 - 18900 of 18905 Posts