Duck Hunting Forum banner
18961 - 18980 of 18980 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I shot my old 20 gauge wing master pump on dove this season and had similar thoughts. Problem is that I almost always have a chance at geese every time out. Opening day I shot 2/34 6’s at teal and 3” BB at geese. I don’t have the money to be shooting TSS out of a 20 for geese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
As a transplanted Minnesotan I enjoy these posts. My roots are in the Moorhead-Detroit Lakes area. Sadly, haven't hunted back home since '91. First hunt was at my grandparents farm east of DL. Two Bluewings that day! Man, did I not know what range was and I was in my mid-20's.

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18,975 ·
If anyone is looking for nice sunglasses, RLVNT has a black Friday to cyber Monday deal of buy one get one free. I'm splitting it with someone so we're each getting a pair

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
In pursuit of open water I followed a lead to a random lake. Snow geese with bird flu were dead ALL over. On the ice, on surrounding roads, and I’m assuming in the tall grass around the lake. I only saw snows and Ross that were dead. I’m assuming the rest of the snows on the lake are also infected. Mallards/ducks and canadas flushed as I approached. The snows stayed. Literally watched one fall out of the sky trying to fly.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Curious to see how many birds this is affecting. A local lake has over 100 dead Canada's and mallards on it. DNR have been collecting birds to test for avian influenza. I shot a bird yesterday that didn't look right it was very thin with no fat and very little meat. Don't know what was wrong with it but I wasn't eating it.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Saw a few random dead coots this year and did shoot one ringer that was acting strange even for a cripple. Couldn’t find any injury but it sure was skinny

18961 - 18980 of 18980 Posts