Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There should be seasonal ducks around now, like Cans, Redheads, Ringbills, Gadwalls, and Widgeon.
There is a cold front poised to move in Sunday night that will put our temps into normal range. That should push new migrating ducks into MN, especially Mallards and possibly Bills. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
976 Posts
in Brainerd i'm already seeing it, in the last few days there are more birds on the lakes every morning on my way to work. big bloomed northern birds...mostly mallards and of course divers. -Chris

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard of several reports that on Wed and yesterday new ducks moved into nothern 1/2 of MN. It is colder up north, here in S MN it is in the 60s, up there its in the 40s.

Tomorrow is to be a major wind--35mph-so be careful on the water and wear life jackets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
gunman where you hunt around brainerd? I live and hunt around Garrison. I've seen a pond that has thousands of mallards coming in just before dark, but it is very thick with rice , nobody hunting there at all. Other than that spot haven't seen many others.

·
Registered
976 Posts
hey i think i know the pond your talking about! man you should call me sometime, we'll have to conspire a way to infiltrate there hideout...I'm almost certian you can hunt it, i haven't quit figured out why no one has. let me know the birds are a coming!! -Chris

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard a good movement of birds into MN and ND on Sunday- large flocks of divers a few Mallards too.

·
Registered
976 Posts
man, my buddy and i went out yesturday on Pelican lake, in about an hour and ahalf we saw about 500 birds!!!! and if the wind wasn't going about 35mpr at faces we might of had a chance at em! i knew the wind was all wrong for that side of the lake, but from what the reports were going to be, we had to atleast try...man now i ran out of time before deer opener! i might be able to work in a day to hit the lake during the deer season...HMmmmmmm -Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.