Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to get started duck hunting. I'm looking for advice from experienced hunters for a newcomer. I've got a Benelli Super 90, a dozen cheap decoys, a duck call, and an old aluminum boat. What other equipment do I need to get started? I'm planning on hunting on a one acre pond on my deer lease, or on a river at my house. I appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Warm waterproof clothing. Make sure you have good gloves and footwear. Nothing ruins a hunt faster than cold,wet hands and feet. Make sure you have a good facemask too.

If you need any advice shoot me a pm and I will be more than happy to give you any more advice you request.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I agree with KS_waterfouler. Also make sure you have a good PFD and don't be fool enough not to use it when your out in the boat. When you can aford it a retrever is a good asset and partner. I used 17 mallard decoys, a double reed K&H duck call and 1 1/2 doz. 2 3/4" #2 shells to get a limit of mallards & blacks today. Would probably have lost some if it were'nt for my lab Jessie.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.