Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
535 Posts
I agree they are as close to the real thing as they come.ON the last day of our season this year I hade a guy sneak up to within 20 yds. of the decoys before I seen him. He came up over a levee. The man said that he could not understand why they did not fly when I hollerd at him. Boy was that to close for comfort. I told him to shot one of those decoys would cost a $ 100 ! :umm:

· Registered
598 Posts
I have some of the floaters that I abused this season and they still look brand new. I have heard good and bad about them but I use a lot of GHG products and have nothing but good things to say about them. They are by far the most realistic looking decoy on the market.

· Registered
3,108 Posts
I will give to them that they look realistic. But the durability is problem yet with Avery decoys. If you want durability in CAs, stick with the Bigfoots. I think that Avery is making them better(durable), but still not there yet. I had 04s easily fail the fingernail test which means the paint will not hold up IMO. BUT, I looked at an 05 Snow FB up close, and the paint was surprisingly well bonded, a big improvment IMO. I do not know if all the 05 decoys will be like the sample that I saw the other week or not. Time will tell, and I do not like being a gieuni pig. :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.