Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a better buy, GHG shells or G&H shells. the g&h dont come with flocked heads, but the ghg shells do. the g&h head positions are kind of wierd also. What about paint durability. Thanks

Derek

·
Registered
128 Posts
i just bought 12 new GHG oversize shells, they are nice and came with the universal motion stakes. I am already having some chipping so make sure you clear coat them with matte spray

basically G and H's are bullet proof and GHG are super realistic.

Both have their flaws and their upsides.

I would vote for the GHG... I really like the sleepers as well.

·
Administrator
10,024 Posts
I have heard of some folks spraying them with the Krylon Matte finish and it has helped the paint some too. But I still don't hear too many good things about the paint on the GHG.

·
Registered
358 Posts
G&H all the way. Spend the extra money on them and you won't regret it. US Made product too.

GHG? China made import.

·
940 Posts
Until Avery stuck it to me, I would have said ghg. I own both the oversized ghg and the g & h standards and g&h feel a little thin and the ghg lose there paint and stack funny. I'll never buy ghg again though! Just my .02

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
The Hereford Gang just bought 11 doz G & H direct from the factory. They will last forever with the best paint job. The Chinese haven't learned how to make paint stick. If necessary which I doubt we'll flock the heads. Their motion system is fantastic in the high winds of the Panhandle of Tx. Ned S the young 79 yr old.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wismer said:
i just bought 12 new GHG oversize shells, they are nice and came with the universal motion stakes. I am already having some chipping so make sure you clear coat them with matte spray

basically G and H's are bullet proof and GHG are super realistic.

Both have their flaws and their upsides.

Ive owned both,.. both work great,.. Gand H seemd to have much more durable paint.
GHG are heavy, stack terrible, but look beter while new
sixes to me

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
You can use the standard $10/doz motion stakes from Academy on the G & H goose shells if you make 1/2" x 1/2" x 1" wood blocks from poplar square dowel. Drill a 9/64 hole thru them and glue to the round base of the cheap motion stake. Then paint them black. They work great in the Texas wind. The G & H have a 1/2" square hole in them. Ned S

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the GHG shells, and I have noticed some paint wear. What is this clear coat spray you guys are talking about?

As for the best buy, I would stick with GHG, jsut because the are really realistic. IDK if it matter more to the hunter or to the bird.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ned S said:
The Hereford Gang just bought 11 doz G & H direct from the factory. They will last forever with the best paint job. The Chinese haven't learned how to make paint stick. If necessary which I doubt we'll flock the heads. Their motion system is fantastic in the high winds of the Panhandle of Tx. Ned S the young 79 yr old.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

G&H Henryettan

My parents gave me my first dozen G&H canada shells during the mid 1960's. They have been hauled and scuffed in decoy bags, for decades, blown/tumbled across fields, shot, and loved. The original dozen are still in the spread, more than ten dozen G&H shells have been added over the years.

Daryl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.