Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures of my Lifesizes. Made it on a grand total of 8 hunts. Hotbuys were out 3-4 days a week from the beginning of the season to the end and they held up MUCH better than these. Avery didn't seem interested when I called them, since I couldn't find the reciept. They told me to take better care of my equipment.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Man that really does suck a**! I really wanted to buy GHG standard size but I might think twice but cant afford many others.... (i can see another GHG vs. G&H war in the pot)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I've had my GHG's for two seasons. Mine arn't as bad as yours ks but they are showin wear and tear on the head and beak areas. I think that i caused most of the problems though by finishin of my deke cord with a loop on the neck or beak. :eek: I know, not the best way to do it.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
OUCH!!!!!

I had that finally on some Flambeuas and Carrylites...but only after 15 years! Too bad the new dekes of today are not well done like the old ones were....regardless of manufacturer imo. The realism and poses are super....but that paint (and paint techniques) they use today is not what it used to be

It would appear that even with plastics, the best protection is care....and I highly recommend the slotted bags.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
KS - yeah, a couple of mine are looking like that too. sadly, this is caused by abrasions and not a paint defect. i know that isn't what you wanted to hear, but that is what i am seeing in those pics.

looks like ya had an unlucky 3 dekes that got a rough ride and a premature paint loss. sucks..really sucks.

I'll PM ya with the other thing we were talking about. I still need to contact the guy.

-Ed

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Swamp Puppy said:
KS - yeah, a couple of mine are looking like that too. sadly, this is caused by abrasions and not a paint defect. i know that isn't what you wanted to hear, but that is what i am seeing in those pics.
-Ed
I call BS!

How come I have G&Hs and I literally throw them in the boat when I pick them up each day on top of each other and they ride in the boat jostling in the boat while I am heading down the roads for hour plus each way and these G&Hs are not all scuffed up after several years of use?

Thus the above Avery's are defects IMO or at a minimum poor quality and it is because of poor paint adhesion in which the Averies/GHG are know for. :thumbsdown: I keep hearing they are "improving them" for several years now, but frankly they are at best of inconsistent quality from what I have seen.

That being said, I examined some of the new Avery snow goose FB field dekes a couple of months ago--they seemed to have a harder paint finish (better bond) than what I saw on the '04 duck decoys, so maybe this newest finish will be better, but only time will tell if it is indeed a better adhesion and I do not like being a Guieni Pig with my hard earned $.

'nuff said

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kinda what I thought. My GHG are just for numbers when hunting big water. I am headed to the G&H factory this summer. I am switching over to all G&H by next year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.