Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
6,203 Posts
I like GORE TEX, I only wear them when putting dekes out and picking them up though. When hunting I just wear a pair of wool glove liners.

· Registered
73 Posts
Unless they have realy changed the seal Skin gloves they will let you down
My last pair , was trash after 2 hrs :mad: :mad:

I use 2 pairs of gloves
Long neopream gloves for setting up / picking up decoys and when I have to help the dog retreive birds

The others are a thin rubber palm/ neopream gloves that allow me to shoot with them on
Rock Brand I believe

John

· Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Gloves are a constant source of annoyance while waterfowl hunting for me. The best I have found is neoprene with jersey gloves under them while setting and picking up decoys on the water.

When in the boat or on land I only use Jersey gloves and keep many pairs around. They come off easy to shoot, they are cheap and many pairs means I always have dry gloves to switch too. They act like glove liners for neoprenes also. Some times a heavy glove for the left hand and just a jersey or no glove for the right. The right hand stays in the pocket and pops out fast to call or shoot and the left hand can hold the gun or what ever to keep me from getting cold. The big glove does not get in the way on the left hand.

That is what works for me. A combination.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.