Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy at Cabelas Talks these calls up with a lot of storm. He claims thery are a great call that requires only a lil' effort. Any of you ever used a Glynn Scobey model 400 or any otehr call whaddya think? It seems liek apretty good bang for your buck, and sounds convincing to me. But, then again...Im no goose. OR am I? I'd like to start practicing my calls now so I can be good and ready when the day comes. This a decent call to start with? Any other thrifty suggestions?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Glynn makes some great calls. I live just about fifteen minutes from where he makes them. I don't have any of his goose calls but I have a metal reed and an arkansas style call from him. It takes very little air to operate and sounds good. His calls aren't mass produced like many calls are today. They sound good and you get the look of a nice handmade call.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was fortunate enough to actually meet Glynn Scobey at the Virginia Outdoor Show back in August. He had a booth there selling his calls and I heard him calling and went by his booth. He took about 30 minutes and gave me some private lessons. I bought one of his short reed calls along with a instructional CD. I can't do it like him but it's coming along. The call and CD were well worth the money. You can even call him at home or e-mail him and he will help you if he can. Great guy!! Good Luck!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.