Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping for some help here. I have go-devil that seems to run fine out of the water. As soon as I put the prop in the water, the engine kills. I can restart it will no problem but put it back in the water...kill. Any help or ideas are appreciated....

Bishop
:salude:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bishop said:
Hoping for some help here. I have go-devil that seems to run fine out of the water. As soon as I put the prop in the water, the engine kills. I can restart it will no problem but put it back in the water...kill. Any help or ideas are appreciated....

Bishop
:salude:
Ok, in case you were wondering. There wasn't enough oil put back in the engine after it was changed to cover the oil sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
phillipstd said:
are those things fast enough to get a 16' flat bottom boat up a fast river that's shallow, on a plane, how fast could you possibly make one go with one of those go devils??
Our 9 h.p. will power our 16 footer anywhere and you've prolly seen, 9 is a relatively small one compared to what's on the market these days. The forte of these bad boys is that you can run in very shallow water (6 inches). I love it. I can get on a plane by myself with a 9 so with a bigger one, there should be no doubt.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
That is funny... You must hunt some big water to have that kind of moter on your duck boat!

I always wanted to get a 19' ranger with a 200horse suzuki and camo the whole boat.. Get to the duck blind 10 miles away in like 7 minutes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts