Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and looked at a 1999 17ft 48" bottom War eagle boat with a 40hp
yamaha motor! They are asking $4500 it's in great shape. Are these good boats and how about the motor! :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: ????

·
Registered
352 Posts
War Eagle makes a excellent product and for 4500.00 if you dont want it let me know I will buy it .

Oh and Bucky have you ever purchased anything yourself or do your parent buy everything for you?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I sure wish I could get one of those. I don't know a whole lot about boats but considering it's only a 99 and 17' with a 40 on it, I'd have to say that's a pretty good price. A few months ago I saw one in the paper for sale almost like the one you describe and the guy was asking almost $7,000 for it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a yamaha motor on my boat it is great it is a 95 model that i bought new very quiet and good gas mileage. A 40hp motor sounds a little small for a 17 footer I would make sure it handles it and the load good, if the moter is working hard it won't get good fuel economy.plus you know it will be full of dekes and half your house when you use it. they are good boats! :thumbsup: "take a kid hunting you will never regret it"

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
sounds like a good deal have heard alot of good stuff about yamaha and war eagle.that should be fine for power. i had a 25 on a 16 foot grumman it went pretty good.matter of fact i forgot that my cousin has a 17 war eagle with a 40 said it does fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.