Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, Found this on another chat room like this one.

There is trouble brewing over the BSE, Closing the border for canadian cattle. The farmers are talking
about refusing to give permission for hunters from
south of the border until the border reopens for
canadian beef. It all got started yesterday on a local
talk show, there where a lot of farmers joining in
this is going to very serious, once it starts it will snow
ball, until every farmer joins in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
oh well...more for us!!! :thumbsup:

but seriously, that could be bad. Hopefully they can get that all worked out or else there are going to be a lot of upset outfitters and guides. I'm sure it'll blow over soon enough... :salude:

·
Registered
13 Posts
From the sounds of it this could be a really big issue this year. This has made it to the local radio up in Saskatchewan and Alberta and is gaining popularity in some places.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
As I am Canadian and grew up on a farm I understand the way our farmers feel. I also know the concern that we hunters have over the CWD that started in the US and is now threatening our deer heards as well. Same disease caused by the same thing in a different critter. As in most bad things the common denominator is greed on the part of some human. Here in NS we didn't have ticks untill you all decided to share them with us. Don't get me wrong I am not anti American after all I married one and have not sent her back after 25 yrs of married life so some things American are pretty good.
:toofunny:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts