Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
10,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On yall here in the next few days. I got knee surgery on Thursday, yes I admit I am getting old. I messed it up in a fight back in December and finally getting it fixed. YES his [email protected]@ went to jail. Anywho so I will be slim for the next week or 10 days probably, at least until I get the stitches out. Yall be safe!!

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
All the best on the surgery. I assume ACL/MCL, meniscus, or any combination of the three.

Thanks for taking one for those of us who do not wear a badge. We appreciate that you put yourself between us and them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Best of luck. Be careful in your therapy but done be lazy push your self.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
On yall here in the next few days. I got knee surgery on Thursday, yes I admit I am getting old. I messed it up in a fight back in December and finally getting it fixed. YES his [email protected]@ went to jail. Anywho so I will be slim for the next week or 10 days probably, at least until I get the stitches out. Yall be safe!!
Dep6
I can sympathize with your condition as I have just had a surgery for cancer, but it is all good now, but I am retired and sitting home recuperating for the next week or two.
Best possible timing, as the water in the Snake River from the storm that tore up Yellowstone is so high now it's covering most gravel bars and there will be little fishing 'til it goes down.
Me and big dog will just kick back in a recliner under the big Globe Willow in the back yard with a beverage of choice and molder for a while.
I am well practiced at doing that!

·
Administrator
10,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I'm doing good, trying to patiently wait to get these [email protected]@@ stitches out, aggravating not doing anything but I am following orders as best I can. Yall be safe out there.

Reactions: 5 stand

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good news always welcome

·
Administrator
10,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got cleared to go back to the grind as of 7/11 so I will be back at it. Thanks all

Reactions: JBrooks

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Drat,
No sooner than I get to feeling better after the cancer surgery, than I come down with covid.
I can tell you one thing about covid from personal experience.
Night before last I had dry coughs and the most pain I've suffered, but for one kidney stone and a boring out of enlarged prostate. All over chest and upper stomach, like very, very serious acid Reflux.
But here's the thing. If you cough, and you will, pray it be a 'WET' cough and not a 'DRY' cough.
A dry cough is a killer. A wet cough means you are hacking up stuff from your lungs and clearing them.
Each time I have a wet cough, I can breathe easier and feel better. I am about 50/50 now and feel like I'm going to beat this, though I am still weak.
The doctor said that Honey is good for this. I said "You mean with a dash of Whiskey?"
The doc said "Yes"
But wife won't buy me any. I guess I'm gonna die.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts