Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get a good auto 3.5 this year. So far i have pretty well decided to go with the browning gold hunter in the black synthetic. Im going to see if they got one at the DU festival i can shoot Saturday to get a feel of it and see if i like it. Any one who has one or can give me some info on if this one is a good choice or not

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
IMHO, fit MUST determine which gun is for you. It does not matter if the gun costs $2000, if it does not fit-you will not shoot well, conversely a $200 gun that fits you well, you will shoot well. So Fit should be #1 priority, then price/brand.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Kinda old news here but if your still looking, here it goes. By golly someone on the same level as I am..... have to agree with the above. Stay away from the gold matte finish and get the camo. the matte is not as durable and wears quickly. If you do get the Gold ge the camo!

·
Registered
63 Posts
a gun saleman freind of mine recently pointed out how many barely used browning golds are on the used gun racks. look for yourself. there must be some reason for everyone getting rid of their new brownings. he didnt suggest them at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Whoever decided to get rid of their Browning Gold most likely stepped up their game and upgraded another notch. I will be buried w/my Gold when I go so I can duck hunt in heaven. Take anything u want but leave my Browning gold alone or you're gonna be askin for a lickin. I have had no problems and can honestly say not 1 single jam w/my shotgun. Go for it! Get a gold! Go out and get some ducks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me, my brother and my father all have Browning Gold Hunters and have had them sincve they came out and we have never ever had any problems with them and we Hunt mainly Ducks with these Guns so they have been through hell and still no problems. I shoot sporting clays with mine also and it handles the light loads just as well as the 3 inch shells.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i would have to agree with H2o fowler he always seems to have a good opinion on everything :yes:

·
Registered
46 Posts
My complaint is the coke can tin Browing uses. After owning a BGH 3.5 and a BG SC for two years they looked like they had been thru WWIII.
Especially the SC model which was seeing 400 to 500 rounds a week just in practice.
The back of the ejection port's were beat to living heck with a ridge(with lines) and the tin was actually starting to fold back.
Also even in great condition, they have a very low re-sale value on the scondary market.

Edit,
I said they had lost my business for good, which is not true. If they would simply use a tougher aluminum/alloy on the receiever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
BLKLABMAN............seems you do alot of shooting, what shotgun are you considering? Did you have any mechanical problems with your BGH?

Just wondering

-duckvader

·
Registered
46 Posts
duckvader said:
BLKLABMAN............seems you do alot of shooting, what shotgun are you considering? Did you have any mechanical problems with your BGH?

Just wondering

-duckvader
I have gone to a SuperSport for SC.
In credit of the BGH while the receiver was folding in front of my eyes, I never once had any problems out of it. Make it out of tougher aluminum/alloy(such as what is used by Beretta) and I would happily go back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts