Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed to SD this year for spring snows ... first time ...

Super pumped...

I need a recommended tube for these hi flyers...

shooting a mossberg 835

also shell reccomendation

·
Registered
201 Posts
you guys should both check out the briley goose choke its a really good choke i have been using one for two years now and my friend just bought one this year. they a good choke and has a reasonable price too. it has unbelivable close range and long range resuilts..

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Depending on what gun I'm shooting, I either shoot a factory 10ga Inv. Modified, a Briley IM (goose) choke, or a Terror .675.

I've shot plenty through a good 'ol Mod choke, and wouldn't hesitate to use one if that was all I had.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
http://www.drakekiller.com/

It's widely used by the guys at Nodak Outdoors and I have yet to hear a bad word. The tube is customized to your gun, with your bore diameter. He also let's you know what shells to shoot out of it so you get your gun back patterned like a champ.

I have one on my SBE2 and on both barrels of my Beretta O/U. I shoot the same exact shell from Sept. 1st until Christmas and again for 2 months in the spring. Like anything the more you practice the more confidence you'll have.

Shorter shot strings and tighter patterns will produce dead birds, not cripples. But it all goes out the window if you're a poor shot. :thumbsup:

I hunt with Kevin from DK, he knows guns/chokes and snow geese. He just needs your gun's bore diameter or you can send the gun in.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a pattern master for my sp-10 and quite frankly I'm NOT impressed at all.

Personally I feel the pattern is "too" tight and I just don't like the way it shoots.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I shoot a patternmaster in my sbe2. A little tight if you got them at 10 yds but I crunched a single that wouldn't finish the other day at 70yds. :yes:

·
Registered
311 Posts
duckhunt said:
nice job maybe you should name yourself the conn crippler :no: :no:
Thats a good one-Beast it seems that you have no conscience about winging birds and letting them go to waste :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
It's unsportsman like yourself that give the rest of us a bad name :umm: :umm: :umm:
Wake up and stop gutting birds you wont retrieve

1 - 20 of 29 Posts