Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what would you guys recomend when it comes to goose flutes?

·
Registered
629 Posts
i mostly blow short reeds but one of the best flutes ive blow is the eastern shoremen its get has the nice hollow raspy sound and takes little air to break

·
Registered
142 Posts
you shold check out Primos calls , real easy to blow , not expensive , then practice , i started with flutes , now i use a short reed , but i still carry the old flute in my bag...........jmike

·
Registered
271 Posts
Zink SR-1

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys thanks!! I am going up to cabelas next weekend for their fall expo I think I am going to get a Primos. It will sure be better than the one that I had/lost last season.
well thanks agine guys,
shane

·
Registered
142 Posts
hey Shane ..............what kind of flute did you end up getting ..........jmike

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I went up to Cabelas and I talked to Greg Hood the owner of southern game calls and he gave me some advice and show me how to blow their short reed call so I ended up bying the Sentinel. but thinks for the help guys.
Shane

·
Registered
195 Posts
I use short reeds exclusively now, but the flute I liked the best was Tim Grounds Guides best or variable tone honker...as far what short reed I now blow....mine of course

·
Registered
43 Posts
I still use the Olt A-50. A person can modify it so easy to there liking. It sounds so much better than like a big river or even the primos/rnt flute. You can still find them everywhere out there.

·
Registered
629 Posts
the most productive call is a short reed by far save the time and money and start with a short reed because if you start with a flute it is much harder to go to a short reed after blowing a flute.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts