Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evidently the griping and bickering goes on many of the state forums...The PA and CT forums are pretty funny, just look for the locked ones.

Oh yeah, I saw a pair of mallards hanging out this morning in the mudhole on Hwy 55 in Holly Springs where the new Harris Teeter is going.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It was a dark and dreary day, it was raining, and everyone was solemn, and no smiley faces were to be seen when I exited the Glenwood Avenue Wal-Mart this afternoon.

I looked towards the sky, and wet stuff fell into my dark brown eyes.

What's this I murmurred? Could this be the rain people used to talk about?

Then suddenly a smile came to my face...this is surely a day the lord has made.

He made it for ducks and the men who chase them.

Too bad the law says tough luck. It's just a day for the ducks.

And, upon leaving the Wal-Mart parking lot, I happened to see a pair of Canada geese foraging on the sweet green grass of the neutral ground.

Another smile came to my face.

Just wait you pecker woods. Seven more months and your asses will be mine. I'll kill you, and your wife, and your little bitty babies.

Then I'll call myself hunter of geese.
Geesehunter48.

But, until then I'll make myself content to be just plain old fred48, chaser of ducks and geese, trainer of wonder dogs, and remodeler of old and not so old houses.

Wife," What did you do today, freddie?"

Well, it rained you know, and I had to go to Wal-mart you know, and it rained you know. Other than that, it was pretty quiet around here. Oh, I took the dog out to do her business, does that count for anything?

Smiling Fred...just glad to be alive, and there ain't no bad days, just some days better than others.

There ya go Willie...no bickering.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
i too saw some geese today while i was fishin, and wouldnt ya know it i still had the goose call in the boat. so i grabbed it and tried to trick them big full plumaged greaters into thinking my boat was one of them. i made em look but they aint that dumb. was nice to see them, too bad it isnt still january and me with the benelli in hand. oh well, there is always next year. happy turkey huntin and fishin to everyone.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
GREEN GRASS.......... where is that............ all mine is WHITE. I don't dare go outside, I may get snow blind and lose my way :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Very heartfelt poem Freddy :thumbsup: & pretty funny too :yes:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Willie said:
Evidently the griping and bickering goes on many of the state forums...The PA and CT forums are pretty funny, just look for the locked ones.

Oh yeah, I saw a pair of mallards hanging out this morning in the mudhole on Hwy 55 in Holly Springs where the new Harris Teeter is going.
i pass that every morning on the way to work and i've seen them a couple times in that hole. theres another pond across the street past the walmart thats holding ducks every evening. i'm trying to get permission from the homeowners association for a blind permit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts