Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using a goose chair to field hunt??How do you like it?

Is it difficult to shoot from??

Do the geese shy away or not??

TOM

G

·
I have used them a lot and own several. I find that they work better on un-level ground situations such as plowed fields. I have even used them on a sand beach in Sturgeon Bay, WI...with my feet in the H2o of course.

I have found that they work best when used in numbers. You either use four or five, or none at all. I have gotten by using them in fresh combined fields in small numbers, but this is because it is easier to conceal your hunters this way. They still stick out but, if you have someone that can seriously sit still and play the game right, with good calling, I have done great with them. They are in lots of my video footage.

Jeff Herrick
Wings Gone Wild, LLC
Neenah, WI

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Some have a tendency to have the decoy flip back down on top of you with a stiff breeze. :eek: And they are bulky--might as well got a layout for the same amount of room. The layouts are a lot warmer in cold weather hunting as it cuts the wind big time. they also will hide figgity hunters better :thumbsup: With that being said the FAs are the Cadilac of the layout blinds IMHO.

·
Registered
965 Posts
i have also hear that geese tend to shy away unless used in large numbers i would go wtih all the guys on this one and say a layoutblind would be the way to go even if it is jsut a cheap one ... your local wall mart had the amerstep blind for liek 80 bucks have a frind that jsut bought one for the price they are really nice

·
Registered
935 Posts
Seem to scare the birds, took the shell off and use it somewhat like a laydown and have had no problems in cut corn or hay, with beans I'm not sure what really works best.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
They each have their place. My blind works great in corn, milo, wheat stubble. When we hunt a soybean field with no place to hide (all the time), then I wish I had a goose chair. We just lay under super mag goose decoys. Like I said, blinds have there place as do goose chairs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.