Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hunting Sunday and had a dozen goose floaters setup and 2 doz. ducks. The ducks we shot were all comming on top of the geese. A local only uses goose floaters in a small river dumping into the Missouri and has good success. Anyone else heard of using only goose floaters for ducks? If your doing it, how is it going?

PS we moved around the deks and they were still piling in on the geese.

I'm thinking of limiting the ducks and getting more geese floaters, but want to hear from you'all.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
First off the bat - youns get to hunt on Sunday! Wow! :eek: :thumbsup:
Yes - I've seen this happen. Last year I had the geese & ducks floating on Lake Arthur here in W. Pa. Couldn't keep the mergansers out of the geese! Couldn't tell you about the puddlers - saw none. But divers - loved the geese. Oddly, yes, I've heard of this happening. Are geese more wary than ducks? Are the goose decoys acting as confidence decoys? I thought that both were equally wary.

·
Registered
48 Posts
years ago , we body booted for geese..killed a lot of ducks over the geese decoys...late in the season, i only put a few ducks out & use mostly geese decoys. works

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.