Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Heading back up to MB to be in the 12/20 goose shoot again. We are leaving the 24th of Sept. Hope to well again got 2nd in 2006 & 1st in 2007! Going to get into the Stony Mt shoot also.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah us too.. Just got back from the 12/20 shoot in Stonewall...not too bad this year...weird year with all the water they got up there! Frigging mud hole lol! Good thing we had the quad or we would have been screwed! Were also at the top of the standby list for the Lundar shoot as well. Were signed up next year for like 2 or 3 I think? Good time had by all though!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just got back from the stonewall area myself 204 Canadas between 5 guys - great hunt as usual - already have plans for next year

·
Registered
56 Posts
dukhunter2705 said:
Just got back from the stonewall area myself 204 Canadas between 5 guys - great hunt as usual - already have plans for next year
204 canadas? I pray thats a typo....thats like 40birds a piece...no way you got them across the border unless you lied on your import...or found homes for that many....*** did you do with them all?! :huh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
not a typo - gave them all away to the locals. We don't bring anything home with us, we shoot lots of birds at home. We have been up there for 7 years in a row - met lots of great people and many that want geese!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great people is for sure! Weve hunted alot up past Lundar past years but I think were stuck on the Stonewall area now lol! Hopefully they havent gotten any rain so those farmers can get harvested tho....kind of an odd year eh? Congrats on the shoot this year and Ill see you next year no doubt! Ill be the scruffy one with a beer in my hand lol! Good luck finding me hahaa!

·
Registered
34 Posts
We have never used an outfitter - proud to say that we have done all the work ourselves for the birds that we shot. Much more rewarding to find you own birds! Makes it easier to see how you are going to set up in the AM and there are many other advantages of doing your own scouting!

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have never used an outfitter - proud to say that we have done all the work ourselves for the birds that we shot. Much more rewarding to find you own birds!
Me too... but then I live here :rolleyes: .
Guess I'm spoiled, having the best walleye and catfishing in my backyard, Netley and Libau marsh a short hop up the road, Oak Hammock about 15 minutes... :wink: .
How long were you up here, this year?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts